A zombie villager is a variant of zombie that has a chance to spawn when a zombie kills a villager (not on Easy).
This mob wears tattered clothing and is a villager/zombie crossover. As of 1.9, the zombie villager has clothes related to their profession.
Not only they can spawn when killed by zombies (an exception is if the difficulty is easy or lower). They can also spawn naturally in the night and can sometimes spawn as a group. They also naturally spawn in igloos.
Zombie villagers act as a regular zombie in the game. But they can be reverted back to their human state by first throwing a splash Potion of Weakness at them, and then feeding them a Golden Apple. They will be cured for a while but the time can be shortened by placing iron bars around it and a bed next to it. After a while, it will become a villager and will retain the job that was seen on what the zombie villager was wearing.
- There are baby variants which are always unemployed as of 1.14.
- In the same update, zombie villagers will have clothing that is appropriate to the biome they spawned.
- Cured villagers will remember players and will increase their reputation, leading to better trades.
- They are immune to drowning and won't convert into Drowneds.
Curing Zombie Villagers
Curing Zombie villagers is easy and very simple. If you're in Survival Mode, you're going to have a hard time finding the current items listed below.
1. Golden Apple (Not Enchanted) 2. Splash Potion of Weakness 3. Zombie Villager (Make sure it's fenced so that way it won't leave)
If your in Creative Mode, you can find all the items in the Creative Mode Inventory.