A zombie villager is a variant of zombie that has a chance to spawn when a zombie kills a villager (not on Easy).
This mob wears tattered clothing and is a villager/zombie crossover. As of 1.9, the zombie villager has clothes related to their profession.
Not only they can spawn when killed by zombies (an exception is if the difficulty is easy or lower). They can also spawn naturally in the night and can sometimes spawn as a group. They also naturally spawn in igloos.
Zombie villagers act as a regular zombie in the game. But they can be reverted back to their Villager state by first throwing a splash Potion of Weakness at them, and then feeding them a Golden Apple. The process will take a while but the time can be shortened by placing iron bars around it and a bed next to it. After a while, it will become a villager and will retain the job that was seen on what the zombie villager was wearing.
- There are baby variants which are always unemployed as of 1.14.
- In the same update, zombie villagers will have clothing that is appropriate to the biome they spawned.
- Cured villagers will remember players and will increase their reputation, leading to better trades.
- They are immune to drowning and won't convert into Drowned.
- Zombie Villagers have their hands out unlike normal villagers and put their hands back together and repair their clothes upon becoming cured