Xbox One Edition
Digital - Marketplace
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition is the Legacy Console Edition of Minecraft developed by 4J Studios and Mojang Studios for the Xbox One. It was announced on June 10, 2013 at Microsoft's press conference at E3 2013 and was available for purchase on the Microsoft Store for $19.99 between September 5, 2014 and September 20, 2017. Existing digital owners are still able to access, re-download, and play this version. A retail version was released on November 18, 2014 and can still be purchased. DLC for the game is still available on the Microsoft Store. Like Nintendo Switch Edition and PlayStation 4 Edition players, Xbox One Edition owners have the option to download the Bedrock version for free, however not all DLC will transfer.
Compared to Xbox 360 Edition, Xbox One Edition includes world sizes up to 5120×5120 blocks (36 times larger), 18 chunk render distance, amplified worlds, and other enhancements offered by the Xbox One. Xbox One Edition has all Legacy Console Edition exclusive features, the most notable being Mini games.
Initially, Xbox One Edition was planned to no longer receive updates following the release of Bedrock Edition on the platform, starting with the lack of an equivalent update to TU58. However, Xbox One Edition later received CU50, an update adding the MINECON Earth Skin Pack, and eventually resumed updates entirely with CU51, an update equivalent to TU60 which also added all the features from TU58.
As of CU58, Xbox One Edition has not received new feature updates, such as the Update Aquatic, Village & Pillage, Buzzy Bees and the Nether Update. Xbox One Edition is playable on Xbox Series X|S via backwards compatibility.
Xbox One Edition's most recent feature update is the World of Color Update.
The game is similar to Xbox 360 Edition, but supports the enhancements offered by the Xbox One. Worlds from Xbox 360 Edition can be transferred using an Xbox Account, but currently cannot be loaded on the Xbox One Edition, as Xbox 360 Edition has Update Aquatic, while the Xbox One Edition does not.
To celebrate the Christmas holiday, Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Holiday Pack was a release of Xbox One Edition on November 24, 2015 that costs $29.99 and is bundled with seven "fan-favorite" DLC.
The following DLC is included in Xbox One Edition Holiday Pack:
- Skin Packs:
- Texture Packs:
- Mash-Up Packs:
Marvel Skin Packs Bundle
The Minecraft Marvel Skin Packs Bundle was DLC released exclusively for the Xbox 360 Edition and Xbox One Edition on November 30, 2015, which contains all of the Marvel Skin Packs at a discounted price. The bundle was removed from the Xbox Marketplace on December 21, 2015 and is no longer available.
The following DLC is included in the Minecraft Marvel Skin Packs Bundle:
- Xbox, ""Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Announce Trailer"", YouTube, 2013-06-10.
- "Minecraft Xbox 360: the five greatest technical challenges" (archived) . – Official Xbox Magazine, May 25, 2012
- Minecraft on Xbox One, PS4, and PS Vita soon! – Mojang.com, May 22, 2014
- ACB Rating
- In Portugal and Russia, the PEGI rating is 6+.
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition CERO Rating
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition GSRR Rating
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition GRAC Rating (2016)
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition GRAC Rating (2014)
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
- Microsoft: Xbox One Edition
- 4J Studios, "Happy to confirm we're developing Minecraft PS3, PS4 & PS Vita Editions for Mojang, as well as Xbox 360 & Xbox One Editions!", Twitter, 2013-08-21.
- "Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Reveal Trailer - E3 2013 Microsoft Conference", IGN, 2013-06-10.
- "Update Aquatic Coming to Legacy Console Editions" – Minecraft.net
- "Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Holiday Pack Is Now Available For Xbox One" – Major Nelson, November 24, 2015
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Favorites Pack
- Minecraft Marvel Skin Packs Bundle
- "Today is the last day the #MinecraftXbox1 & #MinecraftXbox360 Marvel Skin Packs will be available in the Xbox Store." – @4JStudios, December 21, 2015
- Hat Films, ""Minecraft Xbox One Edition E3 Announcement"", YouTube, 2013-06-10.