October 16, 2012
- Added Bedrock fog
- Added a countdown timer to the auto-save to stop it from being a surprise
- Added the ability to rename an existing world
- Added map icons to the in-game player list to match their color in the map
- Added a confirmation dialog on the player choosing to exit without saving
- Added new items to the crafting menu - melon, melon seeds, glass panes, fence gates, iron bars, stone bricks, stone brick slabs, stone brick stairs, brick slabs, brick stairs
- Added Superflat world type
- Version exclusive: The Nether is also flat in this world type.
- Added new debug menus debug_item_editor and debug_schematic_create. 
- Creative mode
- Food bar and hunger
- Eating animation
- Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
- Added death messages.
- Iron bars, fence gate, stone bricks, stone brick slabs, stone brick stairs, brick slab, brick stairs, cobweb, vines, sponge, huge mushroom, melon
- Melon, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, raw beef, steak, raw chicken, cooked chicken, rotten flesh, ender pearl (not usable yet), 10 more music discs, chain armor
- Generated structures
- Swampland, Ice Plains, Extreme Hills, Ocean
- Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
- Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
- Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
- Added music disc quests in the Tutorial world - players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the music discs that can be played in a jukebox.
- 1.2.3 Feature: Mining speed changes
- Updated the How to Play HUD with food bar information.
- Added descriptions for Creative mode and sprinting to the How to Play menus.
- Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
- Tutorial world now generates from schematic files.
Blocks and items
- Foods are now stackable except mushroom stew and cake.
- Changed the TNT explosion sound.
- Changed the bow to have drawing and firing action.
- Added quick move to the dispenser.
- Added quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
- Added the blocking move with swords.
- Shears can now collect tall grass and the new vine.
- Improved chest model with a 3D lock and opening and closing animation.
- Pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
- Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
- User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
- 1.2.5 Feature: Quick move for the furnace interface
- 1.1 Feature: Apples drop from leaf blocks
- 1.2.3 Feature: Pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
- 1.2.3 Feature: Fix to vines to stop them spreading too much.
- 1.2.3 Feature: Shapeless mushroom stew recipe
- Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
- The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
- Skeletons now hold full size bows.
- Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
- Zombies now drop rotten flesh instead of feathers.
- Updated some mob sounds.
- Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
- Cloud movement syncs with the game's time.
- Improved sunrise and sunset.
- Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain)
- Removed the Void by making it impossible to break the bottom/top layer of bedrock.
- Removed biomes - rainforest, seasonal forest, savanna, shrubland and tundra.
- Fix for duplication glitch.
- Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
- Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
- Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn't.
- Fixed issue with minecart with furnace not being able to move another minecart.
- Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.
- "Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Patch change logs" – Minecraft Forum, October 16, 2012.