This section is missing information about Release date not in source given.
Please expand the section to include this information. Further details may exist on the talk page.
July 13, 2012
- Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins or from downloadable skin packs.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
- Added lighting improvements (backported from Beta 1.8.1 of the Java Edition) and snow & rain improvements.
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display and crosshair will be set to 80 and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
Blocks and items
- Fences can now be placed directly on top of other fences.
- Flint and steel or redstone is now required to trigger TNT.
- Redstone will now connect to a redstone repeater.
- New textures for cobblestone, moss stone and bricks.
- Slight changes to block textures made in Java Edition 1.0.0.[more information needed]
- Added the new textures for cooked porkchop () and dispenser () that were added in Java Edition Beta 1.8 and Java Edition 1.2.1 respectively.
- Added ridged lines in iron blocks () and minor changes to other ore blocks added in Java Edition 1.0.0.
- Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
- Fixed tooltip for flint and steel.
- Fix for note blocks not showing notes.
- Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
- Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
- Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
- Fix for netherrack re-appearing after being mined.
- Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
- Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them (e.g. attacking a pig while it is standing in grass will now hit it).
- Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
- Fix for stone not being able to be picked up when mined.
- "Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Patch change logs" – Minecraft Forum, July 13, 2012.