Vindicators are hostile, humanoid, villager-shaped mobs that can be found in the Overworld inside woodland mansions. They are one of three types of "illagers" (villagers who are hostile by default), the other two being the Illusioner and the Evoker.
The vindicator sounds like a villager, but with more of a grunting tone.
Vindicators are considered illagers which means that they are outcasts from Villagers. Vindicators and villagers both look alike, except the vindicator's skin is gray in color while the villager's skin is brown. Vindicator's spawn in the overworld inside of Woodland Mansions. Depending on the size of the room that they spawn in, their group size will range from 1–3 vindicators, and they may be accompanied by an evoker.
When a vindicator sees a player, villager, or Iron Golem, they will wield an iron Axe and charge toward their target. Once in range, the vindicator will "hack" at the target with its axe. This iron axe has a chance to be enchanted, with a higher chance on higher difficulties like other equipment.
- Vindicators share a similar Skin to that of villagers, Witches, and evokers.
- Vindicators will drop Emeralds when they die.
- If a vindicator is named "Johnny", it will become instantly hostile to all players and mobs except evokers and other vindicators.
- This is a reference to a scene in Stanley Kubrick's movie The Shining. ("Here's Johnny!")
- Vindicators named "Johnny" will attempt to attack Armor Stands.
- Vindicators will appear in peaceful mode, but will attempt to run away from a player instead of attacking them, similar to the evoker.
|Johnny||Determines whether the vindicator is hostile towards any entity. Defaults to 0|