I have a page. Yay.
- 1 Texture pack editing
- 2 My profile was edited by another person.
- 3 Site admin?
- 4 Altitude Graph
- 5 Are jungles out yet?
- 6 Extreme Delay Circuits
- 7 Graphs
- 8 Minecraft serverlist
- 9 Trivia clearing
- 10 World generation?
- 11 Apple Trees
- 12 Suddenly Apples, Thousands of them!
- 13 Re:Re:ply:Reply
- 14 Could you help me to answer some questions in the game?
- 15 Your block list
- 16 Protecting 'Tutorial - Setting up a server'
- 17 Emerald Ore
- 18 Can you create a page for suggestions for new versions?
- 19 Reason for H3 tags?
- 20 Re: Known bugs formatting
- 21 Invisible Gravel
- 22 History template
- 23 Hidden comment
- 24 Talk page edits
- 25 Inquiry on Villagers
- 26 Do apple trees only drop apples when destroyed/decayed
- 27 Unsigned
- 28 Thanks for your response.
- 29 Thanks for the Feed back.
- 30 Minecraft PE version history: Stairs
- 31 Blender Block Rendering Help
- 32 You get an award!
- 33 Your biome page:
- 34 Costed
- 35 Ugh...
- 36 Purple Defailt Block
- 37 Tools for vines
- 38 Mobs with items and armor
- 39 Block Layers
- 40 Welcome to the team!
- 41 Thanks
- 42 Delete claim tracked to Orthotope
- 43 Rendering a radius of chunks
- 44 Welcome to the team! Part II
Texture pack editing
- Grats on your page glad to know it wasn't just me. I didn't really want to have to bug more about a texture pack however Minecraft forums was no help. I hope this wont be to much info but here is my situation.
I had windows vista 32 bit with 32mb graphics card i had searched for a texture pack that would help me run the game better. like smooth 1 or 2 color blocks. I should have known better but quickly learned this would not work. I went and got a new pc that has windows 7 64 bit and a better graphics card. I also put on 64 bit java so now both 32 and 64 bit java on this pc.
After talking with you last and not getting help in forums I decided to edit my own armor. I was able to do some item editing on my old pc on the smooth graphics texture pack which worked. I followed all the same steps, extracted my minecraft jar file, deleted the the .class files. Went about editing my armor. Took care to save in same file type 32 bit .png same pixel size 64x32. Checked the file names and so on. Couldn't get it to work.
I ended up taking the texture pack from the old pc and inserting the armor file into that. armor still wouldn't show up on my current game. I tried someone else's pack. "Sphax PureBDCraft 16x16" tried extracting out just his armor putting it in a freshly extracted minecraft jar with the .class deleted. Didn't work, noticed those files were 128x64 so i re-sized and so forth still didn't work. The texture packs alone work but not the armor. Not sure if they have to stay in a 8 color depth cause it may be at 16 :/
All I want is a texture pack for my armor and possibly weapons. 16x16 cause that's what I am running and don't really want to have to use a mod just to have 32x32 or better. I like medieval rpg feelish. If you happen to see that Sphax PureBDCraft i like that armor a lot just that pack that's supposed to be in 16x16 is 32x32 and also mods the game.
I sincerely apologize if this way way to much info or you didn't want to deal with this. Didn't mean to take up your whole talk page either, used the spaces cause my friends have a hard time following my conversations so feel free to delete this. Thanks and much appreciation for any help you can provide. --08:23, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- If you want to use just the armor and items from PureBDCraft, here's a way to do it: Download the 16x pack. Open the zip file and delete everything but the 'gui' and 'armor' folders. Delete everything in 'gui' except for 'items.png' (optionally edit this if you want to keep the original look of items other than weapons/armor). Delete everything in 'armor' except for the cloth/gold/iron/diamond/chain files. Put this reduced zip file in your '.minecraft/texturepacks' folder. Start Minecraft and remember to switch to your new texture pack. That should do it; let me know how it works out. -- 23:05, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
You must have downloaded it to see the files, I appreciate the effort. I got a reply late last night after writing you about "EldPack's Armour" it was a whole texture pack. If I don't get the PurePDCraft to work I will use the other one. The bad part is PurePDCrafts armor files are 128x64 instead of the standard 64x32 and they are in 32 color depth instead of 8. If psp doesn't work to edit them I will try to do what you said to EldPack. The armor isn't as cool but it all set to work. even if the armor extraction don't work its close enough to the original game i can just use the whole pack. Thanks again for all the help, if you ever need anything drop me a message firstname.lastname@example.org --01:22, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
My profile was edited by another person.
I see some guy was messin' with my profile. Thanks for fixing it. Don't know why they picked my account to mess with >.< --05:04, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
I was wondering if you were the one that set up this wiki? I thought I read somewhere a list of stuff that needed to be done or you were asking for help finishing some pages. I am on this site a lot and I have a fair amount of experience editing wiki. In my profile I left a link to the wiki my wife and I started. Anyhow if there is anything I can do to help let me know. I can devote some hours. I also have paint shop pro if any pics need editing. --09:17, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
- Not at all; I'm just a regular user. See if you want anyone important. -- 18:40, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
No its all good. I noticed you had a lot of posts and correct a lot, I should have just checked myself, however I was almost positive it was your site lol. Still thought I seen a post of you asking for page corrections somewhere O.o anyways thanks for t he reply again.
Could you add Mossy Cobblestone to the Altitude Graph? Also could you make one for the nether? :D Thanks, --20:45, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- There is one for the Nether on the
page already. The main graph is rather full, but I have a separate one showing where structures generate:
- I didn't noticed the Nether one :s. Thanks for the Structures one :D -- 15:22, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
Are jungles out yet?
I wanted to get a tamed Ocelot, some places I have read and Googled say their in Minecraft 1.1 and others say not till 1.2 likewhich has a date in January but says pre-release. I don't want to load to many chunks in my world if the jungle and ocelots aren't out yet. So can you tell me if they are out now or not please and thanks. Also if you get tired of my questions please let me know. You just answer quickly and have been really the only help I can find. 02:23, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
- The version history here is generally accurate. Minecraft 1.1 was released on January 12, so jungles and ocelots are not in it. -- 08:11, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
Extreme Delay Circuits
I'm new to circuits and trying to figure out how to create a 4-second delay without needing ten repeaters. Since you contributed the diagram for the section on an "extreme delay" circuit, perhaps you could help. In your diagram, there is an output but no input(s) explicitly shown. Is this diagram incomplete, or have I overlooked something (perhaps an assumption obvious to experienced circuit-makers)? I've tried putting buttons/levers on one or both "racetracks" but can't make it work. Advice? --03:11, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
- I suppose that diagram can be improved; I didn't have a previous diagram or screenshot to base it on. That type of circuit might be better described as a very long period clock generator. The basic idea is to have two asymmetrical clocks (short 'on' signal, long 'off' delay) with slightly different periods, connected to an and gate so the output is only on when both clocks are on. It works best when both clocks have the same 'on' length, with periods that are a multiple of it (e.g., a 4-tick on 12- and 16-clocks, producing a 48-clock (least common multiple of 12 and 16)); otherwise the output pulse varies in length. A monostable circuit is useful for starting them with a specific signal length.
- If you just want to delay a signal, rather than make a clock, I'd go with the repeaters; they're the most compact solution unless you need a really long delay. The best way that I can think of to make this automatically turn off after sending a single pulse requires adding two not gates and an RS nor latch to each of the component clocks, as well as half a dozen repeaters for isolation/signal propagation. The 48-clock mentioned above occupies at least a 11x14 space. Might be practical if you need a delay of more than 15 seconds. -- 08:42, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
Hey man, EPIC work you are doing. I am really impressed. I was wondering how you got those graphs and what they are good for. Can you make a tutorial or put instruction on how to make graphs like the such? Keep up the amazing work! (09:08, 9 March 2012 (UTC))
- VictorJavAdore gets most of the credit for writing the arcane SVG-generating code. The program is currently a bit of a kluge, with all the configuration of which blocks to graph done in the source code. I'll try to update it for Anvil this weekend, make it more user-friendly, maybe even add a GUI. I'll probably release it once it's actually usable by non-programmers. -- 04:57, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
- Anvil took more effort than I expected - had to scrap the entire NBT-handling code section. Got it working, though, and can also count block subtypes now (e.g., different types of leaves, or stone brick variants). This slows down world analysis, but raw block-elevation counts are saved in a text file, so that only has to be done once; generating SVG images takes very little time. -- 07:39, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot man. I can see that you are really dedicated. Also who exactly is VictorJavAdore? He sounds like a cool person. ( 05:47, 10 March 2012 (UTC))
- Another user here; made some nice altitude graphs, but hasn't been very lately. -- 07:20, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
You graphs are beautiful, and they got me curious to see one of block counts by radial distance from the origin, rather than by altitude. It would be interesting to see what the relative frequencies of biomes are at various ranges, or what patterns there might be for generated structures for example. Do you think you could give that a try some time, or would you be willing to share your code? I've written a simple level analysis script before myself, but when it comes to the actual handling of the level files and reading the data I'm in over my head. Thanks. 23:47, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- Interesting idea. My test worlds explore X/Z ± 5120, and I've noticed that mushroom islands often generate on the perimeter of that square, but rarely any closer to the origin. I'll work on it once my 1.3 world is done; extracting biome data shouldn't be too hard, though modifying the svg generator might take some effort. Could always dump the data as csv and graph it in OpenOffice, but that's not nearly as pretty. -- 10:46, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
Hi, you reverted my changes in http://www.minecraftwiki.net/index.php?title=Server_list . minecraft-server.eu isn't a minecraft server. it's a server list without a own minecraft server. can i insert the our list again? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by ( | ) 16:58, 12 March 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Ah, you're right, sorry about that. It would be more appropriate to put it on the German wiki (de.minecraftwiki.net), since that's the only language used on the site. -- 18:52, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
Orthotope, if you're going to clean the Trivia sections, at least try to incorporate it into the main article space. Most trivia are not actually trivia, but random, untransitioned facts that can make the article more comprehensive. I've reinstated the "trivia" forsince those facts need to be incorporated into the article. - 06:39, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
- I do try to. A lot of that trivia was just some form of 'Cave Spiders act the same as Spiders', which I mentioned in the 'Behavior' section. Venom affecting Skeletons and other mobs moved to 'Venom'. I took out trivia pieces when I felt they were covered elsewhere in the article, or occasionally if they didn't seem to contribute to it. The one saying a cave spider mob farm is difficult to build seems inaccurate when followed by several others (and a screenshot) about such a mob farm. Maybe I overdid it a bit on this one; I'll think about it more next time. -- 07:12, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
You know the source code. Is this how things are generated? Stone/Dirt/Ores (which order of ores?), Water, Trees, Cactus/Sugar cane, Caverns/Ravines (which first?), Bedrock, Layer 10 Lava, Strongholds, Mineshafts, Dungeons, Villages, Lakes, Sandstone wells.Come to my page! 23:55, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
- I'll look into it later today. It's fairly obvious what the generation steps are, since they're all in separate classes, but figuring out what order everything happens in will take more effort. -- 00:49, 6 April 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, got it mostly worked out. The generator starts by building the world out of stone, and filling the rest with air or water (below sea level). Next bedrock is added, and the top few layers of stone are changed to biome-dependent material (usually dirt and grass, all sand in deserts/beaches); sandstone is added under sand. Then caves are carved out, filled with air or lava below layer 10, followed by ravines. If structures are enabled, mineshafts, villages, and strongholds are built. (These are made as single units, rather than per-chunk like the other terrain features.) If there's no village, lakes (water or lava) may generate. Next come dungeons, then ores, in order: dirt, gravel, coal, iron, gold, redstone, diamond, lapis. Ores only replace stone, not each other. Then fine surface details: sand, clay, more sand, trees, giant mushrooms, flowers, grass, dead bushes, lily pads, mushrooms, sugar cane, pumkins, cactus, and water and lava source blocks. Finally, it produces desert wells and snow/ice in the applicable biomes.
- In the Nether, the generation order is: netherrack and lava, bedrock, gravel/soul sand/more lava, caverns, nether fortresses, even more lava, fire, glowstone, mushrooms. The End produces end stone, obsidian spikes, and a dragon.
--09:59, 6 April 2012 (UTC)
Em... Orthotope, please do not post discussions with another user on my talk page. It makes it seem as if you are adressing me instead of the person you are discussing me. So it makes me seem as if I'm the one that tried to change oak trees to apple trees but I'm not that person. Instead, you can post the message you want to tell the user you are discussing with on his talk page. This has the benefit of notifying teh user without the user having to check his talk page.
Note: I am trying to be as politee as possible in this message, I apologise if I am rude in anyway.
23:10, 6 April 2012 (UTC)
Suddenly Apples, Thousands of them!
Going back over TrollGlados' edits reverting his apple fiasco I've noticed something. He is absolutely everywhere! Now every time I go to a talk page I can't help but notice some argument about apple trees. --07:46, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, and I liked your "Boring vandalism" edit. Trolls can't even be creative anymore. --
07:47, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- Music to my ears. 07:50, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
Well, I already re-opened voting, so I'll see what most people think. :) Have a nice non-threatening day, sir.07:49, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- And I have closed voting. We're not going to change the naming for the next few weeks or months and this is not open for discussion. I suggest you change your editing behavior to something more constructive.-- - MCWiki Administrator 20:07, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
Could you help me to answer some questions in the game?
First of all,I want to pay my greatest tribute to your passion on this wiki.It is hard to believe that you are just a regular user for the amount of all your posts and corrections.
These days，I'm establishing a mathmatical model for TNT launching but some problems does harras me a lot and the equation I've made can't predict the TNT's trajectory perfectly. Considering that you have a knowledge about JAVA and decompilation,which I don't,I think you may know the answers to these following questions:
1.Can the motion of an entity in the game be decomposed into vertical and horizontal just like the real world?
2.If the answer to the first question is positive,then what motion the TNT do in the horizontal?Is the velocity constant in the flight?
I know the answer to these questions may take you some time to find or explain,so,sorry if I disturbed you.
Thanks to your contribute to the site,again! --11:40, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- In general, the game handles the x, y, and z axes independently. There are a few exceptions, but entity motion isn't one of them. The same deceleration (2% per tick, in the case of TNT) is applied to all three axes, so horizontal speed is not constant. -- 19:20, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
OK...I have been thinking the velocity is constant in horizontal... Thanks a lot for correcting me. --23:48, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
Do you already know the values for the cocoa plant? I havein the German wiki and I need some of the missing values. --☺ 18:27, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
- Not yet; I'm waiting for MCP to update, which might take a while given the large architectural changes. -- 20:34, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
Protecting 'Tutorial - Setting up a server'
Do you know one of the admins? I'd say the page should be writable only for registered users or only with recheck, because most of the time it's just vandalism... ---- 11:00, 21 May 2012 (UTC)
- I don't know them any better than other regular users. Posting on the admin noticeboard usually gets a response for things like this. -- 11:07, 21 May 2012 (UTC)
I have a request for you;
Could you maybe make a new Graph of the Block layers overworld, for 12w21b?
I think this is necessary, because we don't currently know where Emerald Ore does spawn and how common it is.
Could you make a new render? That would be awesome!
14:13, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
- I won't make my usual, massive world analysis until 1.3 is out - the snapshots are a bit glitchy for me, there may be more changes, and certain mods make it a lot easier. But I'm working on a small one to give a rough estimate. So far I haven't seen it above layer 30, which suggests the same range as gold or lapis. I'll check for biome dependency as well, since people have suggested it only occurs in certain biomes. -- 14:54, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
- Ah ok, sound good ^^ Can't wait for the result! :D -- 16:44, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
- Looks like WolfieMario beat me to it with his source code analysis, which is more authoritative than my experimental data. Ah well. It'll be on my next graph, once they make a version that doesn't corrupt worlds. -- 02:28, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
- Did you see we now have a charting extension on the wiki? You can create graphs and charts w/code rather than having to create images to upload. (See the Community Portal talk page and for an example). -- 04:28, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
- I did see that, but it doesn't look like it can do a logarithmic scale. The program I use to analyze worlds writes the svg files itself, so creating graphs actually takes very little effort, just selecting which blocks to draw in the config file. -- 10:13, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
Can you create a page for suggestions for new versions?
Not all of us have twitter.22:40, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
- New versions of what, exactly? This wiki is primarily for documenting Minecraft as it is (and was); the forum is a better place to suggest new features. Even if we had a suggestions page, there's no guarantee Mojang would look at it. -- 01:11, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
Per your recent adjustments to the Known bugs page, may I ask what the reason for reverting to H3 tags actually is? I had assumed it was to prevent the sub-levels from appearing in the table of contents - e.g. to avoid getting a table of contents of the form
- World Generator
But someone else (I assume!) set up a custom table of contents template that can be configured only to display header levels 1&2 say, which means using standard wiki level 3 headers wouldn't clutter the table of contents with repeated rows of Bugs/Annoyances/Fixed. I do presume you're aware of this tweak, so what is/are the other reason(s) to use H3 tags instead of === Level 3 header ===s? --02:24, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, it's to make the edit summaries in the page history more useful; the HTML tags don't generate an edit link for that section. If you look at the history now, there are lots of edits to 'Bugs' and 'Annoyances'. However, there are twelve of each, and the wiki can't distinguish between identically-named sections. Edit summaries that point to 'Items' or 'Gameplay' give a much better indication of which part of the page was changed. Another solution would be to give each section a unique name, but that gets repetitive and ugly:
- World Generator
- World Generator Bugs
- World Generator Annoyances
- World Generator Fixed/Skipped
- -- 02:41, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
Re: Known bugs formatting
Ah, I wasn't sure why it was like that. I was asking in the Minecraft Wiki IRC and no one could tell me why it was like that, including the admins. That makes sense, I forgot about that problem.13:45, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
I noticed gravel does not appear on this graph. Editing the SVG and adding a '#' before the color code for gravel caused it to appear, but with a dotted line. I'm not sure whether you intend something special for the gravel on that graph, so I won't upload my modified version, but just letting you know. -- 15:22, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- There was a typo in my config file; thanks for catching it. The dotted line is just to help distinguish it from the others, nothing special about it. -- 19:48, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
There's a discussion going on between me andon . We're in deadlock, a third opinion might be of help. — 07:40, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Commented. I'd prefer to preserve snapshot information - that's sort of the point of having a history section - but it's not clear what the right way to do that is. Made a few suggestions, see if either of them appeals to you. -- 08:10, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
Orthotope, there's a reason why I'm including that every time it's substituted. It's to provide information on the template use (just as it's used in Wikipedia) for new users to know how to help sign unsigned comments so that editors like you and I don't have to do it all the time. That's the whole reason why I added in; there's no point in adding it if it's not shown. - ( ) 22:30, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, mentioning which template is used makes sense. I don't think the usage guide is necessary, though. I'm hesitant to make the template much longer, as repeated substitutions add up: the size of Talk:Known bugs increased by 25K when I signed everything there. -- 22:59, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, yea that second one probably should be removed. People will probably go to the template page for info. And thanks for taking the time to sign all of them, and letting me know the fullurl template. Pretty useful. - ( ) 01:33, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
Talk page edits
Adding headings, unsigned templates or moving topics where necessary is fine, but you really shouldn't be editing other people's posts just for things like spelling. – at 10:07, 22 June 2012 (UTC) ( | )
Inquiry on Villagers
I was told that you check the game code. The wiki says the Riches variable on Villagers is currently unused. However, in 12w26a, I suspect it is used. I traded with a villager several times, then right click traded. The Uses variable says it totaled 127 uses. At first, he was not adding new trades. After doing so may trades, he added new ones and didn't remove the original. Could you see if Riches is used now, please? --19:30, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- I haven't looked at the snapshots much. would be a better person to ask, as he's done a lot of work with the villager/trading code in recent snapshots. -- 00:34, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, I left him a message. I also left him this image caused by a custom Mob Spawner I made in the snapshot: http://i.imgur.com/98Rgs.png -- 01:07, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
Do apple trees only drop apples when destroyed/decayed
I thought they only drop apples when destroyed, when i went into a new forest (not on a new world but i never went there or near) and found apples and saplings on the forest floor.20:29, 10 July 2012 (UTC)
- It's possible for trees to generate with leaves too far away from the trunk, so they decay without player interaction. This is most noticeable in jungle biomes, but can happen in forests as well. -- 22:09, 10 July 2012 (UTC)
- Ok thanks! I have two more questions though, do you know if iron golems will defend their creator (at first i thought they couldn't but in the pvp guide, they say that having golems with you will help keep you safe. And what exactly does the enchantment protection do, Ive heard it is all around protection, and that it only is good against environmental damage 19:17, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
- One more thing, do you know completely automatic ways for farming mushrooms, sugarcane, and pumpkins in compact areas. I have an underground mob farm so i can just stand in one area and get as much items as i can. So, I already have hostile mobs, cactus, and eggs. Thanks! 19:23, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
- Iron golems will attack most hostile mobs nearby, but don't actively defend a player the way tamed wolves do. For the Protection enchantment, see . I'm not too familiar with automatic farming, but check some of the pages. -- 08:08, 13 July 2012 (UTC)
Yep, that's why unsigned/unsigned2/undated/undated2 are all separate templates. – at 17:15, 26 July 2012 (UTC) ( | )
Thanks for your response.
Hi, thanks for your response for my question posted on the community portal talk page, I wasn't expecting anyone to answer that this fast.... :-P Anyways, there's an update for the question: We conducted the experiment, it turned out that we can actually survive the fall using TNT explosion with armor on! And it inevitably led me to the assumption that the damage done by the TNT has the ability to override the fall damage, can you just check on that and help us out? Thanks a lot!!
ZH Wiki Bureaucrat 01:15, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm... my understanding of the code isn't perfect, so it's quite possible I'm missing something. Are you sure the fall is not survivable without TNT, while wearing the same armor? -- 07:07, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
- Yep, we tried both with and without the armor, three times respectively. Died every time without the armor, and survived every time with armor on, even the leather armor. ZH Wiki Bureaucrat 13:40, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the Feed back.
Thanks. That's a Vary good point. The "List" is gone now. Thanks! :D Ya, I was Confused. According to his User Page it said: "I Just got a Account here. That's all I have!". I guess that's what threw me off. Hm. Well, Thanks again. P.S. you Should be a Admind, Its your Thing. :D 20:38, 31 July 2012 (UTC)
Minecraft PE version history: Stairs
I noticed you made an edit to the version history page saying that stairs now blocked light. I tested this out myself on my ipad and the stairs still do not block light. Maybe this needs more testing? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( | ) 00:50, 10 August 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I got that from here; it's quite possible some bugs aren't as fixed as Mojang thinks. -- 02:46, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
Blender Block Rendering Help
I see that you render most (is not all) of the blocks with blender. I am having trouble rendering blocks. If you could make a tutorial or a preset layout. That would be nice, so I can make the blocks instead of asking people to do it. you could also give tips or pointers. This will help with adding 3d block pictures to my mod website.
15:18, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- I haven't done any of the block renders; is our resident expert on that. -- 16:26, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks I accidently clicked your talk page (it was first) I meant to put it on his page sorry about this. you can delete it.
- Thanks Anyway 19:41, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
You get an award!
I like the concept of barnstars, and I saw that there is nothing on this wiki that even remotely resembles them. So, I took the liberty of . Since you corrected that trolol-typo, I say you deserve the first one. :) I believe the award system will at least remotely help keeping initiative for the wiki going and to promote WikiLove.
|Anti-Vandalism Award||Awarded by cossacksson for reverting a troll's typo|
00:30, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
Your biome page:
Awesome work! I do notice that the final table (decorations) deems to conflate all sorts of hills, including extreme hills (with the emerald comment!), while the others break out Forest Hills, etc. --10:43, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- The decorator names correspond to the 'base biomegen' column in the first table; I've used somewhat abbreviated MCP names. 'Hills' (BiomeGenHills) is used only for the Extreme Hills biomes. The Forest and Forest Hills biomes both use BiomeGenForest; the only difference between them is the height parameters. -- 06:47, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
Sorry, I'm such an idiot XD06:41, 22 September 2012 (UTC)
- Hey, nobody's perfect. ;) And 'costed' is a valid past tense of 'cost', but only when used with a certain meaning. English is weird. -- 07:19, 22 September 2012 (UTC)
Didn't really know what to do with that Heffe guy. I didn't put anything on the Admin noticeboard because I thought someone already did. I was kind of split at the time if undoing his edits was worth it. The edit war rule is more to prevent petty arguments from getting out of control, not vandalism. What was going to happen was either the recent changes would be a little clogged or his vandalism could be up for a long time before the admins logged on (They still haven't showed up 24 hours later -.-) and I figured the former wouldn't be as bad as his edits staying up. I was listening to a podcast at the time so I could just mindlessly undo his edits and eventually run him out of steam :P
I'm not 100% sure why I'm explaining myself right now... I guess I just don't want to be seen as obsessed as the troll... --06:25, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
- Don't worry about it; I know you have good intentions here. It might work better to let someone like that fiddle around until they get bored, then revert everything once they aren't right there watching the page. I'm a bit disappointed the admins still haven't responded, given that this is the worst vandalism I've seen in months - it's like they all went on vacation at the same time. -- 07:10, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
Purple Defailt Block
That was not a 'Blatant Misspelling'.14:13, 10 October 2012 (UTC)
Tools for vines
On block pages, should the tool icons indicate the fastest tool to mine this block, or the proper tool to collect it? Tooltip over shears onpage reads "This block can be broken with any tool, but shears are the quickest". That isn't true. Since 1.4.3, axe is the fastest tool for vines (see also: or ). What do you think? -- 14:22, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- Good question. In general, the tool shown is what's needed to collect the block. For example, a wooden pickaxe on , even though a gold pickaxe would be faster. I think it would be more confusing for people trying to collect vines to see an axe, and then wonder why they can't get it to drop when using one. Of course, it certainly deserves a mention that using an axe is faster at clearing them away if you don't care about drops. -- 20:01, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
Mobs with items and armor
What's the chance of mobs with tools and armor? List all possibilities.⑬㊲ 00:02, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- Skeletons, wither skeletons, and zombie pigmen always carry bows, stone swords, and gold swords respectively. Zombies have a 1% chance of being armed on easy or normal, and a 5% chance on hard. 2/3 of armed zombies have iron shovels, and the other 1/3 have iron swords. Weapons have a 0.5% chance of being enchanted on normal difficulty, and a 1% chance on hard.
- Zombies, zombie pigmen, and skeletons (not wither skeletons) have a 0.5% chance of wearing armor on normal, and a 2% chance on hard. Armored mobs start with either leather or gold (50-50 chance), and have three 7% chances to improve by one tier (progression is leather, gold, chain, iron, diamond). This results in approximately 40% wearing leather armor, 49% wearing gold, 9.8% chain, 0.7% iron, and 0.017% diamond.
- Armor is added in the order helmet, chestplate, leggings, boots. After each piece is added, mobs have a 25% chance of not getting any more on normal, and a 10% chance on hard. On normal difficulty, 25% will have just a helmet, 19% helmet and chestplate, 14% helmet, chestplate, and leggings, and 42% have full armor. On hard, 10% have just a helmet, 9% helmet and chestplate, 9% helmet, chestplate, and leggings, and 72% have full armor.
- Each piece of armor has a 5% chance of being enchanted on normal, and a 10% chance on hard.
- All four of these mobs have a 1% chance of being able to pick up items on easy, 7% on normal, and 20% on hard. Is that enough detail for you? --
00:05, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
- Two corrections:
- Wither Skeletons never have enchanted weapons.
- On hard, there's 8% for helmet+chestplate+leggings and 73% for full armor. -- 02:12, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
- Also see:
- Two corrections:
Could you possibly make a new Block Layer Graph?
You userpage says 1.3 generating, 70% done... Which was the 5th of sep.
Are you still working or these things?
-- 17:45, 20 November 2012 (UTC)
- Updated. I've been somewhat distracted by real-life stuff lately. --
01:38, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for updating it! I always use these graphs to get the best layer to mine for ores and stuff!
- If you have some time, can you also make a Stuctures one?
- -- 20:53, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for updating it! I always use these graphs to get the best layer to mine for ores and stuff!
- Not much change since 1.3, but done. -- 08:45, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
Welcome to the team!
Welcome to the admin team here on MCW. Let me know if you have any quetions/problems. --06:10, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
- Same here, and same offer. In particular, I should be able to answer any questions you might have about the tools. =) 「 06:50, 3 December 2012 (UTC) 」 ·
- Thanks! I'll try to do the best I can, and I'm sure I'll have questions about how some of the MediaWiki features work. -- 08:45, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
I just wanted to tell you thanks a lot for fixing my Talk page, a lot of stuff was on there! 22:30, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
- No problem; sorry it took so long for someone to get around to it. -- 04:05, 6 December 2012 (UTC)
Delete claim tracked to Orthotope
Uh... I'm not signed in right now ‚ but my username is Chantjr18. If you need proof I can sign in and re-post this. I was searching my page "Achievements PLUS" and it said it was deleted. I tried again and got the same result. Finally , I looked at the delete (claimed to be a move of the page) source , and it had your username. What's going on? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( ) 23:16, 9 December 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Pages about mods, user-created activities, or anything else not in the vanilla game don't belong in the mainspace of the wiki, so I moved it to your userpage ( ). It's not actually deleted; that's just what the wiki says when a page is moved and there's no redirect where it used to be. -- 23:38, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
Rendering a radius of chunks
Which tool do you use to render a certain radius of chunks in Minecraft.
I'm running a private server myself with Dynamic Map, for me and my friends.
But, Dynamic Map only shows loaded chunks. So I want to render a radius of chunks around spawn (like a 400 chunk radius)
Edit: I think you use a tool to Render a radius because of the altitude graphs.
-- 17:30, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
- Minecraft Land Generator is useful for generating all the chunks in a given region, if they haven't been already. (I used to explore worlds manually, but then I got lazy.) Of course, the drawback to using something like this is that you'll have to travel much farther to generate new terrain when new features are added, so you may not want to pre-generate too large of an area. -- 23:21, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks! This was exactly where I was looking for <3
- Edit: Too bad the plugin isn't updated for Bukkit! Maybe you know an alternative?
- -- 00:37, 24 December 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks! This was exactly where I was looking for <3
- Assuming you don't have any plugins that modify terrain generation, this can be worked around. Download the world files, use the standalone program and vanilla server to generate the chunks you want, and re-upload the modified world. Also try asking the developer to update the plugin; most make updating more of a priority if there's a large demand for it. -- 12:04, 24 December 2012 (UTC)
Welcome to the team! Part II
Hey Orthotope! So, I hear you are a Admid now. I knew one day you would be a Admid. like I said sometime ago: "you Should be a Admind, Its your Thing". Congrats! Thanks for helping me out whenever you did. Have Fun!20:01, 28 December 2012 (UTC)