Layout of Dungeons mob page
You are not an administrator to decide that YOUR layout is better than the old one, if you want to change it, go consult the administrators first! You do not have the right to impose your new layout on the page. <- Rogerio980Pizzaa (talk) 17:28, 22 August 2021 (UTC)
- Neither of us are administers. I stated that I thought my layout was better. I did not state that my opinion is better than everyone else’s. Everyone can edit on the wiki. Me and you. You don’t need to revert all of my edits. Simply read through my edit and change specific things. Also, Minecraft Dungeons is not Minecraft and just because the layout of the vanilla mob page works for vanilla Minecraft doesn’t mean it would work for Dungeons and Earth. The vanilla layout for dungeons is very unorganized as simply categorizing the page as passive neutral and hostile won’t work for Dungeons as it is a separate genre from Minecraft. Minecraft is a sandbox game and Dungeons is a dungeon crawling rpg. Drour1234 (talk), 22 August 2021 (UTC)
New layout of Dungeons and Earth mob page
Hey, what about this type of layout that is on my page? It has the classifications and is not repetitive https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/User:Rogerio980Pizzaa?profile=no
- I like some of it. However, I think that there is some further revision that needs to be done, but it is a good start.
Dude, that is becoming a mess, just leave the Non-alive like it was before, and will mark the non-attackable page to be deleted, since it's not important. Also, you should know that u can't move a page to another that already exists
Boss mobs: Caps or no caps?
Regarding "History" sections in event pages
Are they really needed? A majority of the information regarding the events are already mentioned in their respective sections, plus any additional information shown during the event is already mentioned on other pages (e.g. Minecraft Dungeons when it was first announced). BDJP (t|c) 16:44, 11 October 2021 (UTC)
- If you remove it, can you please at least find a way to keep the two links in that section? – Unsigned comment added by Drour1234 (talk • contribs) at 16:47, 11 October 2021 (UTC). Sign comments with ~~~~
You may have met me before, I am Alan. an Minecraft Dungeons editor. My English are not well, hope you don't be mind. I have many discoveries and screenshot of illageralt and MCD content. I wanna share with you but no way to give. Do you have any contact app such as discord? I know we both have the passion of MCD, But I really need your help, please. (talk), 08:32, 26 October 2021.
- Hi, I have noticed you. Unfortunately, I do not have that many ways of communication. I thought that the screenshots that you had uploaded already onto the wiki were good screenshots. About what you said about your English, I don’t see how that is a huge problem. While some of your grammar in your edits are not that good, I can clearly understand what you say in them. In any case, if it bothers you, I do occasionally make edits improving grammar so your English really isn’t a huge problem. Thanks for letting me know all of this! I am looking foreword to seeing what other discoveries you made about Illageralt! Drour1234 (talk), 26 October 2021 (UTC)
About the mobs in the MCD locations, if your going to leave like it was in the old format, remove the non-mob entities and the cinematic mobs, no need to list them. Rogerio980Pizzaa (talk) 18:33, 31 October 2021 (UTC)
- The non mob entities and the cinematic mobs do appear in the missions as entities appear alongside mobs and cinematics do have mobs not found in the mission itself, and also cinematics are part of the game so they should be included. If you have a better idea for how to List cinematic mobs and entities, post in the talk page of the mission. In my mind, they should still appear on mission pages. Also, thank you for letting me know your thoughts on the matter through the talk page. Drour1234 (talk), 31 October 2021 (UTC)
- I made a new category for the cutscene entities. Rogerio980Pizzaa (talk) 11:55, 1 November 2021 (UTC)
- And i will remove the non-mob entities since they are just part of the real mob behavior, example, everytime a evoker spawns, the player will know that fangs will appear, that's obvious, arrows are entities, but they don't need to be listed everytime a skeleton is listed, that's just, unnecessary. Rogerio980Pizzaa (talk) 12:06, 1 November 2021 (UTC)
- It might seem obvious to you and me, but to some people it isn’t so obvious. In dungeons, arrows are actually not entities. Drour1234 (talk), 1 November 2021 (UTC)
- If you want them so bad, then just add the a ref (this mob summons geomancer walls and bombs). And how do you know that arrows are not entities, do you have proof? Rogerio980Pizzaa (talk) 12:31, 1 November 2021 (UTC)
- If I do that, could you also do that rather than outright removing the information? Drour1234 (talk), 1 November 2021 (UTC)
Regarding recent edits
In regards to Ancient Debris, no other block article on the wiki has a reference to a "Block of the Week" article covering that particular block. There is simply no need for information from such an article to be included or confirmed when the information that is on the wiki article is all available either through the game or reliably sourced. BDJP (t|c) 22:36, 11 November 2021 (UTC)
Also, if I may add, the tweet that you are referencing about the article does not state any information about the texture of ancient debris. Not even the video corresponding the tweet mentions such information. BDJP (t|c) 22:44, 11 November 2021 (UTC)
- I consider the block of the week article series to be more reliable than posts by Mojang employees. After all, many employees may have different opinions. It should be in-game, then the official twitter where Minecraft articles are, then Mojang employees. The writers of the different articles are no less payed to do that than the coders of the game. The articles are part of the Minecraft universe over individual twitter posts. The individual twitter posts were made by individual Mojang employees outside of their job. Drour1234 (t|c), 11 November 2021 (UTC)
- I’m sorry, but honestly I feel like you have your information backwards. The game developers, artists, etc. should be the primary source to use if information can’t be verified in-game. While, yes, employees may have different opinions. it should also be of note that the information you referenced regarding the texture was confirmed over a year earlier by the artist who had worked on the texture for the block itself. The official Twitter account (and in addition, articles on the Minecraft website) should not be used as a detour, but only as a last resort if no other reliable source is available.
- I also strongly disagree that articles on the site are part of the Minecraft universe. A good majority of them don’t even talk about blocks or items, but instead about game updates, community members, info on the latest products, etc. Regarding your opinion that Twitter posts from developers are done outside of their job, I also strongly disagree with that characterization. Look at all of the tweets referenced from kingbdogz regarding the warden, or the ones referenced in history sections from Jasper regarding texture changes. Sure, those were done "outside of their job" as you claim, but isn’t their job to also update people on development of the game? If I recall in one situation, Dinnerbone was planning on adding quivers to Java 1.9, but later said that they would be scrapped. The sources used for that information were through his Twitter account and only the account. No corresponding article, no YouTube video, just plain text for all the world to see.
- I have removed the reference to the Minecraft Twitter on the Ancient Debris article. This will be your final warning regarding adding such references. Keep in mind that, again, the information was confirmed over a year prior to the article being created. You will be blocked from editing that page if the reference is added again. BDJP (t|c) 23:08, 11 November 2021 (UTC)
MCD: Decoration Pages
Hey, I hope you don't mind, but I've removed your added models on the Camp-Page for now. I'll of course add them back later, but I think we should keep the Objects that are actual models and the ones that are just retextured blocks separate. Tables on Mobile can have some issues if images are differently sized, and I think, since unlike the Blocks the Prefab Decor items sometimes have actual In-Game Functions, (Redstone Relay, for example) we could make different table coloums. Just my opinion though. If you think we should keep it your way, feel free to reverse that change.
Other Dimension Blocknames
Hey, Sorry to bother you again, but I've noticed that you've added some items into the blocklist on the other MCD: Other Dimensions Decoration page. Are these official names? And if so, where do I find them? I want to add renders for them, but I can't find any files with those names. Was that perhaps released i na concept art or something? MatNXYT (talk) 00:14, 12 January 2022 (UTC)