- 1 About Moving the "Mountains" Page
- 2 (untitled)
- 3 Suggestion: Separate Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft Earth, and Minecraft Story Mode
- 4 Another suggestion
- 5 Blocked
- 6 How to use the "Sandbox" thing you told me
- 7 Hello, I just want to say something
- 8 Clearance isn't Clearance?
- 9 Moving a page
- 10 Moving a couple of pages
- 11 Current Dungeons Mob Page Layout
About Moving the "Mountains" Page
First of all, yes I know I used the wrong category for the page I was trying to move, so thank you for fixing that for me. I couldn't actually move it with the name Extreme Hills since there is already a page with that name, that is the redirect page. Second of all, if you look at the talk page we did agree that a split is needed. As far as I've seen on the wiki, as long as something is in a development version, no matter how major it is, it's not too early to edit it. Zegatrox (talk) 20:36, 12 August 2021 (UTC)
- MCW:UPTODATE states that articles should contain information that is available from the latest full version of the game (e.g. Java Edition 1.17.1). Development version != full version. BDJP (t|c) 20:51, 12 August 2021 (UTC)
Thanks for unbanning me--126.96.36.199 20:46, 12 August 2021 (UTC)
Suggestion: Separate Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft Earth, and Minecraft Story Mode
Thank you or protecting the dungeons mob page. Could you please keep it protected so that all edits must be suggested to admins like you. Also, I don’t believe that the dungeons layout should be the same as the vanilla layout. The reason why is because they are both different games. Yes, one is a spin-off and is in the same universe, but it is a whole separate genre. I propose that the dungeons mob page should be categorized by more than just passive, neutral, and hostile. There should be subcategories within them like animals, golem, undead, Illager, non-alive, decorative pets, environment, summons, objective mobs, natural mobs, non-attackable mobs, and ancient mobs. However, this is just my suggestion of a better layout for the dungeons, earth, and story mode wikis. Drour1234, 22 August 2021 (UTC)
- No. I only protected it to prevent edit-warring. I appreciate you being bold with your edit, but after it was reverted, it should've been discussed on the talk page. Instead you decided to revert the edit, which led to the edit war, hence the page protection. Both you and Rogerio980Pizzaa should discuss on the talk page or the community portal regarding what should be done about mob classification.
- On an unrelated note, I've noticed that you've been using this account instead of your original account, Dour1234. I understand that you have a lot of subpages under that account, so I suggest that you move them to the new one. I've gone ahead and blocked the original account as a way to prevent sock-puppetry in case you are blocked. BDJP (t|c) 19:17, 22 August 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for removing my original account. However, I kind of want to keep the sub pages at least until I get around to moving them. Drour1234, 22 August 2021 (UTC)
This is just a minor thing. On the dungeons mob page, the “Llama (summon)” link should possibly be just “Llama.” Also, in the game files, Wind Callers should be categorized as Non-Illager allies because they are not classified as Illagers within the game files. Drour1234, 22 August 2021 (UTC)
I see that I was blocked from editing on that page. I am curious as to why I was blocked. I was trying to restore the behavior names found in the game files rather than have the conjecture behavior names. I was also correcting the term player to hero which is the term for the player character. The reason why I put the Orb of Dominance on the Ender page is because it is associated with the End and it’s shards appear in the Lone Fortress and the Gale Sanctum. The user who is trying to add the conjecture names back and is reverting my edits is OmerHahaha. Can you please talk to them about this? I can’t since I am blocked. Drour1234, 27 August 2021 (UTC)
- Both of you will need to discuss this on the talk page. Edit warring of any kind is frowned upon. BDJP (t|c) 19:56, 27 August 2021 (UTC)
- I just found out that it was just an error, not a block. Hope that clears everything up. Drour1234, 27 August 2021 (UTC)
How to use the "Sandbox" thing you told me
I saw that you told me that I can go to the "sandbox" thing to edit, how do I use it? – Unsigned comment added by ThanoSmellBad (talk • contribs) at 20:25, 27 August 2021 (UTC). Sign comments with ~~~~
Hello, I just want to say something
Next time, instead of reverting my edits, you can try to improve it if its not related or not what you want. I know there are several times when I accidently made a mistake somewhere, but you can always fix it if you do not like the edit. – Unsigned comment added by ThanoSmellBad (talk • contribs) at 01:31, 29 August 2021 (UTC). Sign comments with ~~~~
Clearance isn't Clearance?
Hello. Recently, we had a discussion on the Mountains article about a video. Very confused by a comment you made which is making me think about admin noticeboard for it. Please note, I am not talking about the video, only about your direct comments. "Clearance or not, it is still self-promotion." is the comment I was to discuss. From that statement alone, you are taking a policy, the MCW:VIDEO policy about no self-promotion and excluding a part of it which says and I quote, "Individual videos can be discussed on the relevant page's talk page". The fact that you are threatening with a block due to the exclusion of that quote is stupid and irresponsible. As an attempt to defuse the argument between us, I brought it here so we (me and you only) can discuss this matter further since you believe the discussion where Humiebee, another "Pro" editor like yourself, gave me clearance to use my videos for trivial information. I will also not add that video back to that specific spot for a reference, but I will use that clearance I was given in the future. We can discuss that further here, but please, do not threaten me with a block when we both are in the "wrong" to a degree. Skipperooo (talk) 03:55, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
- The only person that is wrong is you, honestly. I am not excluding any sort of information from any policy whatsoever. By your logic, you assume that because you were given clearance on one page, that makes you immune from violating the video policy on all wiki pages. Luckily, that is not how this works. Once the discussion concluded on the talk page, you were allowed to add a reference to just that page, in this case being "Java Edition 1.18 Experimental Snapshot 1". Of course, that reference has since been removed, most likely due to testing in-game, which is also the case as to why I removed your video on "Mountains". Alas, you decide to try to call me out on hypocrisy when I am just following policy. For the record, I am also a wiki director and administrator.
- Effective immediately, any further videos from you will need to be discussed on the respective talk page for a consensus; this includes any video which contains information that can be found be testing in-game. Failure to abide by this rule will result in an immediate block. BDJP (t|c) 04:15, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
- Not going to lie, that is BS since it will never happen. I watched you guys draw out a discussion a week just to close it with comments even in the discussion about waiting 24 hours. For the record, I promised to not embed videos in a videos section, but I will use videos as reference IF I find trivial information not described in slicedlimes video or in a change log. (Please note, I did not say my videos). Best wishes, but knowing how you just said that "effective immediately" rule after I questioned you makes me annoyed and makes me not want to listen to it. Skipperooo (talk) 04:58, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
Moving a page
Moving a couple of pages
Hi, I just have another question. I just made some edits to some Minecraft Story Mode pages: Soren, Gabriel, Ellegaard, Magnus, Wither Sicknesses, The Blaze Rods, Command Block Diamond Tools, and Command Block Enchanted Book. I was hoping if you could move them over to the following pages: Soren the Architect, Gabriel the Warrior, Ellegaard the Redstone Engineer, Magnus the Rogue, Wither Sickness, Blaze Rods, Command Diamond Tools, and Command Book.Drour1234 (talk), 7 September 2021 (UTC)
Current Dungeons Mob Page Layout
To me, the current layout is very confusing. Some mobs are non-attackable and should be categorized as such and some mobs are mobs that are categorized as things that are not mobs. Minecraft Dungeons is more complex than regular Minecraft and the mob page should reflect that. The page length should not be an excuse to cut things from the page as the way it stands currently, the page involves very much a sense of confusion. The layout on the Minecraft Dungeons: Mob/Edit Copy page is much less confusing. Drour1234, 15 September 2021 (UTC).