— Karl Groos, 1896
“Gross well says that children are young because they play, and not vice versa; and he might have added, men grow old because they stop playing, and not conversely, for play is, at bottom, growth, and at the top of the intellectual scale it is the eternal type of research from sheer love of truth.”
— G. Stanley Hall, 1904
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Chests in jungle temples sometimes have a wrong orientation.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w37a – Bonus chests generate on top of water
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Obsidian pillars generate all the way down to y=0
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Breaking some blocks produces wrong particles
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Mining a block in Survival, then changing to Adventure creates a breaking animation and sound
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Mining a block in Survival, then changing to Spectator creates a breaking animation and sound
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Block breaking is not cancelled when losing focus of a block.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – When destroying one block of tall seagrass, the other block becomes air when destroyed, rather than water.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Placing/breaking instant-breaking blocks slowly breaks block behind them
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Some events do not trigger observers
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Opening or closing shulker boxes triggers observers twice.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Several blocks made of wood (Signs, Ladders, Chests, Trapdoors, Doors...) won't burn.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Lava cannot ignite coal blocks / hay bales / dried kelp blocks / 1-block flowers / sweet berry bush / scaffolding / targets / azalea / cave vines / dripleaf / glow lichen / hanging roots / spore blossoms
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Trying to place a block underneath min_y does not give an error message.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Attempting to place a door or 2-block plant one block below the height limit will not give an error message, despite still failing.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Trying to place a block outside of the world border does not display an error message.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Bonemeal can be used on certain plants at build height, but they don't grow.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – A structure block gives no warning when the structure would cut off outside the height limit.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – There is no warning when plants are bonemealed, but cannot grow above or below world height limits
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – When grass / ferns / nether fungi are bonemealed as if to grow past the upper build limit, there is no warning, and the taller part of the plant is cut off.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Bone meal is consumed when used on fern, grass and sea grass even if it cannot grow.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – You can use bone meal on sea pickles in situations where no sea pickles will grow.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Single dark oak saplings accept bone meal despite not being able to grow.
- – unresolved as of 1.17.1 – and 21w44a – Red and brown mushrooms accept bone meal even on blocks not in #minecraft:mushroom_grow_block.
- – unresolved as of 1.16 – Sprinting while riding a strider / horse / using a boat / using a minecart changes FOV
- – unresolved as of 1.15.2 – and 1.16 Pre-release 8 – Passenger head stays rotated sideways after player gets out of a boat
- – unresolved as of 1.15.2 – and 1.16 Pre-release 8 – Boat paddles in inventory look the same (all oak), but on the ground look of the respective type of boat
- – unresolved as of 1.15.2 – and 1.16 Pre-release 8 – Boats retain their rotational momentum after exiting a moving boat and re-entering
– unresolved as of 1.13.1– Crash when attempting to auto-save the game on an encrypted drive
- – unresolved as of 1.16.1 – and 20w27a – When loading a world, the held item from the previously loaded world is briefly visible
- – unresolved as of 1.16.1 – and 20w28a – Glitchy lines below player head model caused by second head layer or helmet
- – unresolved as of 1.16.1 – and 20w28a – Some plants float on farmland.
- – unresolved as of 1.16.1 – and 20w28a – Top color of some dyed leather armor are using the old color code
- – unresolved as of 1.15.2 – and 20w21a – Right hand shown for one tick after joining world, ignoring handedness
- – unresolved as of 1.16.1 – and 20w28a – Whether or not a player experiences some effect is calculated based on the block under the center of the player
- – unresolved as of 1.16.1 – and 20w28a – Fire charges no longer immediately detonate minecart TNT in 1.12
- – unresolved as of 1.16.1 – and 20w28a – Guardians render outside of their hitboxes when they look up or down
- – unresolved as of 1.16 – Eye level does not match visible eye position for some entities
- – unresolved as of 1.16.1 – and 20w28a – Fish occasionally just spin around
|Java Edition Beta|
|1.6||First heard of Minecraft. Friends were exploring the nether together, they had been playing for some time. Overheard talk about the relatively new bed.|
|1.8||rant_owl was fond of the new silverfish.|
|1.1||Played classic on the website for a bit, had fun mastering control of the old-style water flooding and building underwater.|
|1.2.1||Heard about this cool new thing, the jungle biome|
|1.2.5||April 24, 2012||Got my own Minecraft account.|
|Played singleplayer for a while, built a small treehouse in the taiga, built a pit mine straight down to bedrock, encountered spooky frightening skeleton sounds.|
|?||Got together with bread_guy, mobileman, rant_owl and others on a private vanilla server. Normal difficulty, cheats enabled.|
|Initially settled underneath a lagoon near rant_owl's ocean bread farm, making a modest cane farm above, but a secret network of tunnels beneath. The others soon focused on villager trading when 1.3 came around, building a vast NPC hotel, with a world-height enderdragon statue. Still others flattened the land to the west, and built mysterious towers and mines.|
|Plunged north into the taiga with mobileman, fell underwater during a spider battle into a massive cave system. Hollowed it out. Specialized as an underwater tree farmer. Became the wood supplier in the local economy.|
|Became obsessed with building a road due north, laying slabs and marking signs per kilometer. It was my first foray into making lengthy expeditions and roughing it.|
|Further north, bread_guy finally found a mushroom island, had a prolonged adventure tunnelling back dozens and dozens of kilometers with the mooshrooms. A team effort ensued of going back and forth to supply her with good enchanted diamond pickaxes.|
|I stayed away from such interests as exploring the Nether or the End, due to having a laggy computer, though carefully ventured out for glowstone from time to time.|
|Group interest generally fell off after the falling-into-the-Nether bug during the 1.4 versions, and especially our particular server's disk space issues started wiping inventories.|
|1.4.2||Oct 24, 2012||The bug tracker opens|
|1.4.5||Dec 6, 2012||Opened my first ticket on the bug tracker (Sealbudsman) as|
|1.5||Same crowd on yet another private server. Normal difficulty, no cheats.|
|Carved a grand underground megabase, with lavapit. Was pranked with snowmen. rant_owl fortified a dirt castle and made a chess set. The others built treehouses nearby.|
|I did a lot with mob farms. Much relaxing ocean boating and island-hopping, exploring and mapmaking. We did really well terraforming the Nether.|
|We exhausted the land and migrated west; we built a castle, a lakehouse, a replica Italian horse well and a gigantic field of grain. Constructed a long horse tunnel / path from the new world to the old, using newly smeltable nether brick.|
|I settled down in a pleasing hobbit hole -- cylindrical, welcoming and cozy. Also had my first redstone room for experiments.|
|Lost the world ultimately to corruption, during 1.6.|
|1.7||?||Same crowd on a Realms server. Hard mode, no cheats.|
|Selected a seed next to good mountainous terrain.|
|Friends had such projects as pharaoh and pyramids, mob hotel, wondrous gigantic tree, castles, expanded NPC villages.|
|I got into railways and stations, secret passages, dining hall of cake, and spooky graveyard decor.|
|Had a commandblock that would |
|Lasted until 1.8. No particular problem except exhaustion.|
|April 9, 2014||Started contributing to the wiki, starting with 14w06a.|
|Did bug tracker stuff mostly, at first.|
|After a while, role grew to encompass many and varied interests, including fixing history via thorough investigations, making sure pages are up to date with snapshots, and more.|
|1.8.3||March 2015||Baby girl born!|
|Less time to do anything with the bug tracker. Still contribute to the wiki when time permits.|
|1.9||?||Same crowd on another Realms server. Hard mode, no cheats.|
|We were in a mega taiga, situated around a lake. Adjusting to the new combat system was quite a bit of fun.|
|rant_owl and I maintained a granary on a hill, and I dug into a hillside to establish a bar and grill. breadguy and mobileman did most of the 'real' gameplay: establishing farms, travelling to the Nether, etc. Efforts were fewer and more modest: mostly casual boat exploration of our local coastal waterways – now that boats were fixed.|
|Lasted a month or two.|
|1.10||June 27, 2016||Became a Helper on the bug tracker.|
- User talk:Sealbudsman
- User talk:Sealbudsman/Archive 1
- User talk:Sealbudsman/Archive 2
- User talk:Sealbudsman/Archive 3
- User talk:Sealbudsman/Archive 4
- User:Sealbudsman/End City.js
- User:Sealbudsman/Sandbox msg
- User:Sealbudsman/Sandbox/Size comparison