This user "MentalMouse42" prefers to use the enhanced profile.
While I'm not one of the pre-release crowd, I've have been playing heavily since May 2012 (1.2.4), watching the game develop and change over time. Somewhere around 1.7 or so, I started exploring mods.
Currently (early 2019), I'm playing 1.12.2 with a selection of mods featuring Biomes O'Plenty, Quark, Allomancy. and Blood Magic.
Feedback and significant pages
I also have a sandbox page with various subpages. (I generally welcome assistance with anything in the sandbox).
I refactored Timber Forge's demo code from [here] to make a more flexible datapack providing portals. My Datapack (and its assets pack) are here. It currently has two kinds of portals with placeholder dimensions. Arcadia's portal is two bone blocks on the bottom, two honeycomb blocks on top, and sides of chiseled stone brick, activated with a water bucket. Twilight's portal is a simple loop of polished blackstone, activated by placing a vine. Corners are optional, but if there's nothing there, the portal will show a bit in the gaps.
To add a new dimension:
- Copy one of the existing dimensions to a new directory,
- search-and-replace the dimension name in the files.
- Adjust the materials for the portal recognition (activate_portal, portal_stability) and construction (make_portal)
- Adjust the activating tool/block in load, loop, cast, cloud, and activate_portal. Note that if it is a block, it will be sacrificed upon use.
- Add lines in the files under data/minecraft/ for its trigger and files for the dimension,
- Add a portal texture to the asset pack. Width should be a multiple of 32, length should be a multiple of the width. You will need to pick a number for the
Recent Wiki Projects
How To Own The Game -- a tutorial in progress
I've done ongoing work on the beginner guides, including a couple of cleanups, and fixed up the Flying Machines page.
Well, not so recent, but should be remembered.
- With User:Opaquer on analyzing anvil costs, eventually producing an all-new Anvil mechanics page. --Mental Mouse 22:39, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- With Munin295, converting the schematics from the Redstone Circuits sub-pages to his new Template:Schematic. Editable circuit diagrams, hooray! --Mental Mouse 22:09, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- Converting various other diagrams to the Schematic system, notably on Tutorials/Cobblestone farming and Tutorials/Egg Farming.
- Now reorganizing the Redstone circuits subpages to use LoadBox instead of LoadPage, with much editing along the way. --Mental Mouse 04:00, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
- Copying selected pages from the Mods/Thaumcraft tree to User:MentalMouse42/Thaumcraft pages, since there's discussion of wiping the mod pages. --MentalMouse42 (talk) 20:28, 10 January 2015 (UTC)