Hi, I'm Madminecrafter12 - an administrator and bureaucrat on the English Minecraft Wiki. If you have any questions for me, feel like I handled something incorrectly, or want to tell me about something, please head on over to my talk page. You can also leave me a comment on my profile or if it's something private, send me an email. I am additionally on Discord.
A bit about me
I started playing Minecraft in mid-2015 or so. I'm pretty sure it was during 1.8.8, but it could have easily been 1.8.7 or 1.8.9. At some point, I took a very long break from Minecraft, and at another point I started playing it again. I started editing this wiki as an IP in September of 2017. I registered this account in November 2017 and have been active ever since. I became an admin here on May 26, 2018 and received bureaucrat rights on March 3, 2019.
On the Minecraft Wiki, I mostly do maintenance stuff, rather than actual content creation. In particular, I usually revert vandalism, fix things, do random Wiki gnome stuff, and occasionally update articles after new snapshots/releases are released. I frequently participate with community discussions. I also perform some random administrator-related stuff, such as blocking users, protecting pages, patrolling Category:Pending deletion, and editing fully protected pages and the MediaWiki interface. If you have an admin-related request that needs to be done, feel free to ping me.
I have a bot named User:Madbot121 which runs using AWB, so if you have a repetitive task that you don't feel like doing yourself, or you don't want to clog up recent changes with it, it might be able to do it for you. Globally I am a member of SOAP, which means I have certain admin rights on all Fandom wikis to help fight vandalism globally; more info can be found here.
Minecraft is the primary video game I play: parkour, PVP, and survival.
Potential tasks list (self-reference)
- Category:Pending deletion
- Category:Pending unprotection
- Category:Pending move
- MCW:Admin noticeboard
- Minecraft Wiki/editcopy
- Tutorials (need cleanup)
- Category:Templates with no documentation
- MCW:Projects/Wiki videos
- Look at recent version updates and make sure all the new features or feature changes are documented in all related pages (especially for BE versions)
Random wiki tricks
- You can reveal the system messages on a page by adding "?uselang=qqx" to the URL or if it's already an action (e.g. history or edit), add "&uselang=qqx" instead.
- You can revert as many edits as needed using just the old-fashioned undo button by comparing any revisions to a page and clicking undo. I had always thought undo could only be used for 1 edit; apparently I was wrong.