Have you ever wondered how some people get the game assets? freecam? Well here is the answer to at least some of those questions!
Getting Freecam Screenshots
- 1. Download https://framedsc.github.io/GeneralGuides/universal_ue4_consoleunlocker.htm (UUU3012). Download link is on about Row 12.
- 2. When downloaded, locate the downloaded .zip folder, and unzip it.
- 3. Start up minecraft dungeons in OFFLINE mode.
- 4. Wait until you have gotten into the camp.
- 5. Execute the "UuuClient.exe" file inside the folder you unzipper earlier.
- 6. In the UuuClient.exe, select the process Minecraft Dungeons (in the general tab).
- 7. Press "Inject DLL"
- 8. You have now activated the ingame console! To get the console to pop up, you may have to change keybinds inside the "Configuraton" tab of UuuClient.
- 9. With the console open, before being able to execute any commands, you have to type "EnableCheats 1" and press Enter.
- 10. Now you should have enabled commands, to go into freecam, enter "toggledebugcamera" inside of the console.
Helpful extra commands and tips can be found at https://docs.dungeonsworkshop.net/resources/.
If you would like to take fullscreen screenshots without any UI, press Y to hide it. (Even though keybind says Y is binded to "Need arrows", it seems like as long as you are solo (in an either offline or online game), you can hide the UI with it.)
Extracting game assets with UModel
Please Note: Only possible if you are using a Windows or Linux operating system. Instructions are written for windows, as that is the operating system i use.
ENCRYPTION KEY (AES) FOR VERSIONS Dungeons Beta to 22.214.171.124
VERSION 126.96.36.199 MIGHT NOT NEED AN ENCRYPTION KEY.
ENCRYPTION KEY (AES) FOR VERSIONS 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
ENCRYPTION KEY (AES) FOR VERSIONS 220.127.116.11
ENCRYPTION KEY (AES) FOR VERSION 18.104.22.168
ENCRYPTION KEY (AES) FOR VERSION 22.214.171.124
ENCRYPTION KEY (AES) FOR VERSIONS 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
ENCRYPTION KEY (AES) FOR VERSION 184.108.40.206
ENCRYPTION KEY (AES) FOR VERSION 220.127.116.11
ENCRYPTION KEY (AES) FOR VERSION 18.104.22.168
If you have .pak files from Minecraft Dungeons ready, here are instructions on how to extract game assets from them using UModel!
- 1. Download UModel for your operating system: https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel#files
- 2. Unzip the folder you just downloaded.
- 3. Inside the folder there should be "umodel.exe". Execute it.
- 4. After startup, it will ask for "path to game files".
- 5. To get the location of the game files, press the Windows button and R. The run box should pop up.
- 6. In the run box, type %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Mojang\products\dungeons\dungeons\Dungeons\Content\Paks (The game files are usually located there).
- 7. Once in the .pak folder, take the adress from the adress box at the top of the file explorer. (Should look similar to this: "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Mojang\products\dungeons\dungeons\Dungeons\Content\Paks"
- 8. Copy the adress, and paste it in the "path to game files" box.
- 9. For the Startup Options, make sure the three "Export-only types" are checked in, that "Override game detection" is enabled, and that the version is set to "Unreal Engine 4" "Unreal Engine 4.22".
- 9a. Check the image to make sure your Startup Options are correct.
- 10. Press "OK" if your umodel.exe looks like the one in the screenshot.
- 11. You will now be required to enter an AES encryption key. Refer to the first lines in this tutorial to see what key you have to use.
- 12. You will now have to "Choose a package to open", right click "All Packages" and press "Export Folder Content"
- 13. Now select where to export the assets to.
- 14. Make sure that the "Texture Export" "Texture format:" is set to PNG.
- 14a. Check the image to make sure your Export Options are correct.
- 15. Now press "OK" and you should be exporting files!
Extracting game assets with QuickBMS
- 1. Download QuickBMS from https://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/quickbms.zip.