Reason: Needs a way to farm sculk sensors and shriekers
Sculk farming is a method of farming XP and/or sculk growth blocks for decoration by using the sculk catalyst block. Since mobs normally only drop XP when killed by a player, and sculk blocks drop XP when mined, this can also be used for bulk XP storage.
A few key points
- As stated before, mobs only drop XP if killed by a player or tamed wolf, but if a mob dies near a sculk catalyst, regardless of how it dies, the catalyst will always produce sculk blocks, which can then be mined for XP.
- Mobs will still drop their loot but not their XP. The amount the growth spreads depends on the amount of XP the mob is meant to drop.
- When a mob that drops about the same XP as a zombie or a skeleton dies near enough to a sculk catalyst, the growth mainly focuses on a 3x3 area. This can be helpful for you to know how big you want your platform to be.
Components of a sculk farm
- A mob farm which you can hook it up to
- A killing system and sculk producing system
- A bulk sculk storage system
- A reasonable AFK area for the player
- Optionally a collection system if you want the drops of the farm as well as the XP
In this video Mumbo Jumbo designs a bulk XP storage using a zombie spawner farm and a sculk blocks on Bedrock Beta.