| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help by
Tripwire Hooks are redstone-affiliated items found in Minecraft. They were first released in update 1.3.1. Tripwire hooks can be placed on the sides of solid, opaque blocks (not the top or bottom) and can be armed by placing string on the ground in a horizontal line between two tripwire hooks. If a player or another entity falls or steps on the tripwire when it is activated, it will power the tripwire hooks and be able to send a continuous redstone signal as long as an entity or player is on the tripwire. If the tripwire is broken, the tripwire hook will send a short current after being deactivated. However, it can be safely disarmed by destroying the string with shears. Tripwire hooks can be found in Jungle Temples where they are rigged to power dispensers filled with arrows. They can also be obtained through fishing, but they are classified as "junk".
|Tripwire Hook||Trapped Chest |
- If the tripwire hook is armed, when destroyed, it makes a sound similar to the sound that plays when a Bow is used to shoot an Arrow .
- A tripwire line can be activated by arrows if the arrow lands on a tripwire. Once the arrow is picked up or despawns, the tripwire hooks will stop emitting a redstone signal.
- If a dispenser is being powered by a tripwire, the Dispenser will shoot one more projectile when it is deactivated.
- Fletcher Villagers will buy tripwire hooks in exchange for an Emerald.
- Tripwire hooks can be used to track Mobs, Items, and Entities within a certain area.