Template for user talks!
Hello, I'm Robstar14. I ain't no shinin' star yet, but i will be!
anyways, I think we need a template to welcome users. the template would go on thier talk page. here are the contents at the moment.
== Welcome! == Hello, welcome to the minecraft wiki. heres some general guidelines to help you here!
- Please no vulgarity. this means sexual, racial slurs and swearing are not allowed.
- Sign your posts on talk pages with four tildes; a tilde it the squiggily... wavy davy... line. (~)
- Don't post ideas on talk pages. that goes on the forums.
- if an edit of yours is deleted, create a topic on the talk page to disscuss the removal.
- try to summarize your edits. the summary box is two lines above the save page box.
- use the show preview button, it is to the right of the save page button.
- do not speculate, thats for the IRC channel and the forums.
- Be nice, help others out and don't feel pressured to respond right away to messages and talk pages. I say any talk over 2 months old is unsafe to respond to. if the disscussion is stopped otherwise, then do not respond to it, leave it alone. Thank you for registering and taking the time to read this. Hope to see your contributions soon! Sincerly, ~~~~
That is it, may need improvement. Be honest here. I want the best for new users. Robstar14... anything but! 18:54, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
Modifying the template
MCW:IRC. It's actually no longer active (much), and I thought I should probably put a notice here before modifying it to point to something else. Also, suggestions on what should replace IRC on that line? Thanks, — Maethoredhel (Talk • Contribs • Logs) 16:13, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
- Just for reference: "If you have trouble with anything on the wiki or you're not sure about a specific topic, feel free to join the IRC." — Maethoredhel (Talk • Contribs • Logs) 16:15, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
- Years later, but jsyk I've now replaced that link with one to the Discord page. :)--Talk to me 13:23, 30 June 2018 (UTC)