Teleportation is a form of transportation in which the moving object is instantaneously moved to its target location.
Teleportation can occur under numerous circumstances. The target object appears instantly be at its destination afterward, usually playing a sound in the process (cases, where they do not, is not accidental). It can also refer to entities traveling through portals.
- Throwing an Ender Pearl.
- Eating a chorus fruit.
- Using the
- Passing through a Nether portal, End portal, Exit portal or End gateway.
- Right-click on a bed.
- Right-click on a horse, saddled pig or saddled strider.
- Right-click on a llama with carpet.
- Right-click on a boat or minecart.
Other mobs can teleport via other methods:
- Tamed wolves, cats, and parrots teleport to their owner if not sitting and their owner is far enough away.
- Endermen teleport under numerous circumstances.
- Shulkers are also capable of teleportation.
- As with players, foxes can teleport upon the consumption of chorus fruit.
- Other entities can also be teleported using
- They can be teleported by passing through a Nether portal, End portal, Exit portal or End gateway.
- A mob (non-boss) near a boat is teleported inside.
Dragon eggs can also teleport when clicked on.
|Sound||Subtitle||Source||Description||Namespaced ID||Translation key||Volume||Pitch||Attenuation|
|None[sound 2]||?||Loading dimension||None[sound 2]||?||?||16|
- The sound event and translation string still refers to this generically as "portal", despite the block being renamed to "nether_portal" in 1.13; see also the
|Java Edition Infdev|
|20100625-2||Saddles were added along with the ability to ride pigs.|
|20100624||Minecarts are now rideable.|
|Java Edition Alpha|
|v1.2.0||preview||Added nether portals.|
|Java Edition Beta|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2||Ender pearls now teleport players when thrown.|
|1.6.1||13w16a||Horses were added.|
|1.8||14w11b||Ender pearls have a 5% chance to spawn endermites when used.|
|1.9||15w31a||Added chorus fruit.|
|Added end gateways.|
|Ender pearls can now be thrown in creative mode.|
|15w34c||A cooldown for using chorus fruit has been added.|
|Ender pearls now have a cooldown after using.|
|15w37a||The chorus fruit's teleportation range has been reduced from ±32 to ±8.|
|1.10||16w21a||Ender pearls can now teleport riders off their mounts.|