Deep Dark Biome vs. City
According to various tweets and replies the Deep Dark is indeed a biome. The new Deep Dark City announced is likely a structure that is a main part of the biome. At least that's how I saw it. Given that Sculk growths were so irregular and scattered, including some Sculk Veins on the ceiling, it makes sense that it would be a biome of its own, just one that's strongly tied to a structure that will always generate. In Minecraft Live 2021 they actually refer to the cities as "one of the new things we have there". And they never refer to the Deep Dark itself as a structure, so there's nothing to conflict the knowledge that it's a biome. Wait a minute. Actually after rewatching the clip they actively CALL it as the Deep Dark BIOME. There is no debate about that; I'm editing this article to reflect that. Zegatrox (talk) 20:51, 16 October 2021 (UTC)
- It was mentioned during Minecraft Live that the Deep Dark Cities will be added to the game in place of the deep dark biome. LucasGameszYT (talk) 22:14, 16 October 2021 (UTC)
https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/UserProfile:CrayonBoxxers This user is vandalising this page. Someone should stop this guy before he even ruin other pages. – Unsigned comment added by Slardna (talk • contribs) at 06:06, 17 October 2021 (UTC). Sign comments with ~~~~
Deep Dark Cities vs Ancient City
I edited this to "Ancient City". In the livestream, they never called them "Deep Dark Cities" and also the name sounds really stupid. "Ancient City" flows better with the whole mysterie vibe in the new update. – Unsigned comment added by Jotarokuro1 (talk • contribs) at 15:40, 17 October 2021 (UTC). Sign comments with ~~~~
- Actually, both names were used by Mojang. Brandon Pierce called it an "Ancient City," while the text title called it a "Deep Dark City." I'm not confident which one will be the official name, though I do agree that the first one sounds better.PegasusDust (talk) 22:36, 18 October 2021 (UTC)
There is no version history window for either Java Edition or Bedrock Edition, like there is on the Caves and Cliffs update page. – Unsigned comment added by SirFox5 (talk • contribs) at 19:02, 17 October 2021 (UTC). Sign comments with ~~~~
These missing items have been added, so this topic is likely no longer necessary.
Should other features seen in the concept art be included, similar to the Lily? I'm speaking about the Tree Mushrooms on the Birch Trees, Birch Trees generating with one log sticking out at the top, and possibly the small flowers seen on the Birch ground? MarkAbernathy (talk) at 21:08, 17 October 2021 (UTC).
I added unconfirmed entries for the Violets, Pappus Plant, and Moss-Covered Log. Someone else noticed the fallen log appeared hollow, compared to a similar log block attached to the birch tree. I made that a line entry as well. Speaking of said tree, I added an unconfirmed "Birch Variant" since nothing generates in game with a block on the side to support the Beehive. MarkAbernathy (talk) 03:50, 18 October 2021 (UTC)
So it looks like there may be mob heads spawning in the Ancient Cities. According to this warden and deep dark recap, go to 0:29 on the video and stop. You will see a skeleton skull. So I added "May have mob heads" to the Ancient City part of the Wild Update Page. Link to video: I hope all of you have a good rest of your day! 😁Brenty333 (contribs) (talk) 16:41, 19 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yeah, I had already noticed that and that's why I put "Contains Candles and Skeleton Skulls" (may be these should be two bullet points). I think saying "mob heads" is too general. Since you've ellaborated perhaps the bullet point you made should be deleted since it is already covered. Thanks for your help regardless :) Zegatrox (talk) 19:33, 19 October 2021 (UTC)
Deep Dark Cities
- Maybe, since they would be nice to have. However, as it is just speculation at the moment, that isn't something that should be added to the main page. PegasusDust (talk) 16:43, 4 November 2021 (UTC)
Warden mind control?
In this tweet kingbdogz mentions the warden having some kind of mind-control or mind-altering ability. here is the tweet: https://twitter.com/kingbdogz/status/1320771734321000448 (you might have to scroll down a bit)--184.108.40.206 19:19, 4 November 2021 (UTC)
- Yeah I've seen it before. The tweet is very obscure so we can't really say that the Warden will use any form of mind control on this wiki just based on that tweet. But it is a possibility. Not really much to be done with this on the page since the thread is already linked. Zegatrox (talk) 22:34, 5 November 2021 (UTC)
Will the warden be defeated by using fully enchanted netherite weapons?
- I'm pretty sure that kingbdogs said that it would be very hard to kill it with fullly enchanted netherite.--220.127.116.11 19:27, 4 November 2021 (UTC)
Previously there have been unconfirmed features from concept art such as shelf fungi, the birch tree branch, pappus plants, and violets mentioned on this page. These have been removed due to the fact that just because something is in concept art does not mean it will be added. I beleive that at least some of these (especially the birch tree branch because its there for a reason) should be re-added.
Additionally, goat horns and archaeology have been removed from the unconfirmed features category. Should these be added back?
- There is definitely a possibility that those things will be added, but it is still speculation. The other updates, like the Nether Update and even Caves & Cliffs, have concept art with features that were not added. At this point, they are just guesses, and even if they are accurate guesses, probably shouldn't be added to unconfirmed features.
- It sounded like a developer confirmed that bundles and goat horns would not be added in the Wild Update, but goat horns are behind the Wild Update experimental toggle in Bedrock Edition. I'm honestly unsure how to react to that. However, archeology has been stated by multiple developers to be coming in a different update, so that should not be added back. PegasusDust (talk) 18:08, 3 December 2021 (UTC)
Are the new Sculk Shrieker texture and the bucket of tadpole from internal texture files? I know that these features haven't been added in Java Edition yet, but I wondered if they might have been added as textures, like in the caves & cliffs bedrock betas. However, if these textures actually haven't been confimed by Mojang, they should be removed. PegasusDust (talk) 19:02, 8 December 2021 (UTC)
- The sculk texture have been in Bedrock for a long time, but the bucket of tadpoles haven't been added anywhere yet, only Tweeted by LadyAgnes... --MetalManiacMc at your service fellow human! (talk) 06:48, 9 December 2021 (UTC)
- I actually only use Bedrock, so I was aware of that. The texture for the sculk shrieker seems like it might be from Minecraft Live, since it doesn't match the one in Bedrock. The tweet about the bucket of tadpole was new information for me. It should probably have a source added. Sorry about the confusion, it was just the "pre-release" in the file names that threw me off. I'm guessing that whoever named it wanted to note that they weren't out in snapshots yet, but the way they did it made me think that they came out in pre-releases, which didn't seem right to me. PegasusDust (talk) 18:50, 9 December 2021 (UTC)
Tadpole Spawn Egg
Why is there a tadpole spawn egg when it grows into a frog?
- Maybe they are different enough that the developers decided they should have seperate spawn eggs? Anyways, there is a spawn egg in the refrence that looks subtly different from the frog spawn egg. We don't know for sure that it is a tadpole spawn egg, but it seems like the most likely possibility. PegasusDust (talk) 18:44, 14 December 2021 (UTC)
Where are the new Bedrock bata featurs?--18.104.22.168 19:33, 15 December 2021 (UTC)
Shrieker and warden
If you watch Minecraft live again, in the Wild Update section, you might notice that once thw warden spawned, vibrations no longer activated sculk shriekers. Blu Gy (talk) 18:16, 23 December 2021 (UTC)
Concerning this recent revert I made - I didn't get to make a summary because I accidentally mispressed the enter key, but if I had the chance, I'd state that it's just their social media manager getting the mud brick's name wrong. arisaaaaa (talk) 01:41, 7 January 2022 (UTC)
Move the Warden History window
I think the Warden history window should be removed from this page and added to the "Warden" page whenever it is created. None of the other mobs have one and the warden section is already really long SirFox5 (talk) 17:08, 24 January 2022 (UTC)SirFox
- That will eventually happen, though only after the warden appears in development versions. I am unsure what the rules are for history sections on update pages. I'm not sure they have a precedent, but either way this one will eventually be removed.PegasusDust (talk) 01:21, 25 January 2022 (UTC)
When will the Warden, Fireflies, and the Allay be released in Bedrock Edition?
I don't know what they are actually called, but a particle was added in the Java Experimental Snapshot that is not on this page. I believe it appears wherever sculk spreads after a sculk catalyst activates. Can someone confirm this and add this? PegasusDust (talk) 02:00, 5 March 2022 (UTC)
Someone should add the new concept art for frogs and the allay that was featured in "The Secrets of Minecraft" on the Minecraft youtube channel. This type of concept art has appeared in previous update pages it seems to be very relevant here. Is there a reason it hasn't been added? SirFox5 (talk) 16:10, 25 April 2022 (UTC)SirFox5
I'm angry, Mojang just decided too late in development to pull the plug for the fireflies and the birch forrest.Neos4000 (talk) 18:36, 12 May 2022 (UTC)
Whether we'd like the fireflies, the birch forest or not, Mojang made a decision and there isn't much that can be done. It doesn't have anything to do with this page however. SirFox5 (talk) 12:00, 14 May 2022 (UTC)SirFox5