Multiple Seed Generation
So, I read an article where someone's server kept crashing and a new random seed would be assigned each time it was restarted, however, because some of the chunks had already been generated they kept the biomes from their original seeds resulting in a mish mash of numerous seeds with strange chunk boarders. Is there any way to force something like this, or achieve a similar end result? I have a server that has used a random seed and generated a large proportion of the chunks around spawn, but I want to use a different seed to generate the rest as there is not much variety in the biomes. 18.104.22.168 09:24, 6 January 2015 (UTC) Kaleb
- You can change the seed with an NBT editor; it's in the world/level.dat file. -- Orthotopetalk 20:17, 6 January 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, would you be able to link an editor? Also, is it difficut to find in the .dat file, what should I be looking for? 22.214.171.124 13:05, 7 January 2015 (UTC)Kaleb
This page is incorrect regarding the number of "meaningful" seeds.
There are 2^64 distinct worlds despite Random using 48 bits. https://gaming.stackexchange.com/a/227924
how its generated
can there be a section about has the world uses the seed for generation22:48, 16 July 2020 (UTC)
Add explanation of "Shadow Seed" phenomenon?
Could we add an explanation of "shadow seeds", or at least agknowledge their existance in the Trivia section? --AccurateJany (talk) 23:58, 7 August 2020 (UTC)
I got same seed twice in minecraft 1.12.2
- That is not even a bug. The Great Spring (talk | contribs) (Tagalog translation) 00:28, 15 December 2020 (UTC)
Other notable seeds?
Maybe add a few seeds for odd generation like those explored by youtubers like Antvenom(Java) and Ibxtoycat(Bedrock) or survival islands.
- Their are probably millions of survival islands and tens of millions of broken seeds (like repeating caves within render distance).Humiebee (talk) 15:50, 20 February 2021 (UTC)
What do the Numbers inside a World seed mean?
I imagine I've seen a video from someone who broke down what different parts of a seed mean (examples: Terrain, Structure, etc.)
Lopolin (talk) 15:35, 4 September 2021 (UTC)
- No, it is just a random integer. If you use short ones (like 13 or -452) it still works, so there are no "parts" that have different meanings. Windwend (talk) 18:33, 4 September 2021 (UTC)