- 1 I got an uncraftable potion in survival
- 2 Invisible Sheep Wool?
- 3 Custom Potions 1.9-1.11
- 4 How many potions are in Minecraft?
- 5 Invisibility with armor
- 6 No information on unused potions
- 7 Brewing of Harming II Potion
- 8 A skeleton ignored my potion!
- 9 Potion colors
- 10 What needs cleaning up?
- 11 Split between Water Bottle and Potion
- 12 Water bottle counts as a potion, so don't split the page
- 13 Mundane Potion
- 14 Why isn't there an individual page for every potion?!
- 15 Can't we just make a new page for water bottles, but still keep water bottles in potions?
- 16 Potion of Weakness not included from strength in table picture
- 17 "Water Bottle" is not an individual item in the minecraft code, it's just another potion
- 18 Add trivia
I got an uncraftable potion in survival
I was fishing in survival with a normal fishing rod in peaceful and I caught an uncraftable potion with no effects listed. Is this a glitch? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Katthenerd (talk • contribs) at 17:00, September 23, 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
you can summon it too /give name potion and that is the potion it will give you I've tested. Its not accessible in creative inventory though. might be a bug https:(take this out when you copy and paste)//www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/bug-us-about-bugs. copy paste--126.96.36.199 14:38, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
Invisible Sheep Wool?
So, the page still says that when Sheep have an invisibility status effect from a potion that the Wool on the sheep will still be visible. Well, I can confirm it's not. I have thrown dozens of invisibility potions on all my animals, and the only one to still have something visible was the saddle on my saddled pigs. All the sheep still had their wool, and the wool turned invisible too. So, is that a bug, or did they just remove that feature? Would the same apply to Horse Armor and Saddles? I'm confused. Oh well, just checking, since it would appear that the page is wrong if it still says that a Sheep's Wool is still visible even when under the invisibility status effect. Rockatoa, Brickticks out! Brickticks (talk) 02:37, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
- It works for me on the Java version. Are you using Pocket Edition? Pokechu22 (talk) seems to state that it doesn't work for spiders and endermen, but doesn't mention sheep. However, it's possible that it also affects sheep, in which case that bug should be updated. --
- Updated the page. Mooshroom mushrooms, sheep wool, dog collars and snowman heads, all of these completely disappear in version 1.11. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 13:10, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
Custom Potions 1.9-1.11
From some snapshot in 1.9 to 16w33a in 1.11, using the CustomPotionEffects in commands will give you a specially colored water bottle based on the color of the bubbles when the effect is active. Apparently, minecraft already has potions for all of the effects in the game. including a few extra. Usernwww (talk) 13:21, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
How many potions are in Minecraft?
188.8.131.52 16:24, 29 June 2019 (UTC)Just a question, nothing to see here
- Depends which version of the game you are playing. There are 17 in the Java Edition and Bedrock Edition, and 19 in the PlayStation 4 Edition. -BDJP (t|c) 17:08, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
Invisibility with armor
The potion effects list says that having armor equipped will change how mobs react to you when you're invisible, and to check the status effects page for more info, but the status effects page doesn't give any info regarding this at all. Could there have been info there in the past that was edited away?--ConfusingDalek (talk) 15:18, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
- Good catch; yes, the individual where's each have pages now. The info would be on Invisibility. I'll update this page to point people there. – Sealbudsman talk | contribs 18:11, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
No information on unused potions
In Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2 (I believe), several potions were added with bizzare names which had no use, but which had data values. This is mentioned in the "Java Edition Unused Features" page, but isn't mentioned on this page. Should it be mentioned? 184.108.40.206 04:51, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
Brewing of Harming II Potion
It seems that (at least in the Bedrock Edition) the corruption of Healing II and Poison II results in a Harming I potion, which is different from what the picture and wiki tells you.
Thewaxmango (talk) 15:04, 6 May 2020 (UTC)
A skeleton ignored my potion!
for some reason a skeleton didn't listen to my potions I used a splash potion of instant harming and it did nothing! I even tried multiple times and still it didn't work. is this normal? pls answer.
- skeletons are healed by harming potions and damaged by healing potions since they're undead. --Hanzepic (talk) 06:45, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
Maybe we should add information on the colors of the default potions (those that can be obtained in survival including luck and decay). ManosSef (talk) 20:11, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
What needs cleaning up?
Does anyone know what needs cleaning up on this page? The cleanup message box was added on August 1 2020.
At some page widths the large potion brewing chart image overlaps the table in the Natural Generation section which causes a scroll bar to be added to the table. Could this be the reason? It happens in normal page viewing but not in visual editing.
Split between Water Bottle and Potion
These 2 are very different things with the water bottle being the start and the potions being the ingredient, I would split it into Water Bottle (thick mundane awkward) and Potions (Status Effects (extended enhanced))---Humiebee Discuss anything with me Look at my edits 19:38, 31 August 2020 (UTC)
- Usage of the water bottle is different from the potions with no effect, notably when it comes to cauldrons. If we split, I would put just water bottle on its own page and leave anything with potion in the name (even effect-less potions) here. –KnightMiner t/c 22:17, 12 September 2020 (UTC)
A slightly different proposal
This would affect Potion, Splash Potion, and Lingering Potion. Because splash water bottles damage a lot of mobs, and water bottles, I feel are not potions and are far different, I want a split between Potion and Water Bottle, Splash Potion and Water Bottle, and Lingering Potion and Water Bottle. Splash water bottles do not give any status effects, yet they do damage to blazes, striders, campfires, etc. Any thoughts? Blockofnetherite Talk Contributions 17:00, 16 September 2020 (UTC)
- Sure, that's basically extending the proposal to encompass those which would be consistant---Humiebee Discuss anything with me Look at my edits 19:06, 16 September 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose splitting altogether, a water bottle behaves exactly the same as other potions, aside from not giving any effects. Only splash and lingering behave slightly differently, with extinguishing fire and harming blazes, but that's it. There's pages out there covering more diverse subjects on 1 page. Splitting these pages would mostly just duplicate information. Dhranios (talk) 01:02, 27 October 2020 (UTC)
- I Support the split between normal splash and lingering potions, but Oppose with water bottle because they work the same. A rename for these bottles to be included would be possible I think, though I don't have any idea for a candidate name. MetalManiac at your service fellow human! (talk) 16:49, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support for putting Water Bottles in their own page. They are potion ingredients, not potions themselves, leave effection-less potions in their current pages. Should the split happen, Weak oppose for making Splash Water Bottles and Lingering Water Bottles their separate pages.Pescavelho (talk) 21:05, 23 February 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose splitting. Considering the fact that water bottles and potions are not the same thing, they actually are.
This is because water bottles are an ingredient and potions are an ingredient, so water bottles, and also thick, mundane, and awkward potions are a potion. This is your friend, Nikky Stephens. 21:10, 18 April 2021 (UTC)
Seems like this split proposal is not really getting any attention... If there's no further support or opposition by next week, it should be closed as indecisive. Dhranios (talk) (Join the wiki videos project!) 21:22, 13 February 2021 (UTC)
Water bottle counts as a potion, so don't split the page
Water bottles are considered a potion by minecraft, and is just another form of the item. Planks are even different items(blocks) and they go on the same page, water bottles don't need to be moved. However, a section for the effects of water bottles should probably be added. 220.127.116.11 23:00, 24 October 2020 (UTC)
So I was brewing some Strength Potions. I got two Strength pots and one Mundane Potion. I checked if there is something about that on the wiki and found nothing. I assume there is some percentage of a chance that this happens unless it was a bug. Does anyone know any details about that?
- You forgot to make it (that one instance) an awkward potion first. Dhranios (talk) 14:48, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- > See, that's not the case. If so, I wouldn't have gotten two Strength Potions and one Mundane Potion - I would've gotten three Mundane Potions. That's what confused me, cuz I know how potions work and it never happened to me before. Debris.queen (talk) 16:55, 28 November 2020 (UTC)
Why isn't there an individual page for every potion?!
The potion page should just be a brief overview and then there should be an individual page for EVERY potion including the water bottle.
- Oppose. There is not enough unique information about each potion to warrant stand-alone articles about each one. Splitting them would result in a needless duplication of material with just a sentence or two difference in each page. Amatulic (talk) 18:44, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- Weak oppose. If those pages were to be created, they would have to have a "#refresh" back to the potion list here. SpeedoThreeSixty (talk) 18:11, 12 March 2021 (UTC)
Can't we just make a new page for water bottles, but still keep water bottles in potions?
There should be a different page for water bottles, but keep water bottles on the potion page. Or at least a link to the water bottles page.
Potion of Weakness not included from strength in table picture
There is an aside picture with a tree of how to make each potion, and Weakness is only listed from Water Bottle and not Mundane Potion or Fermented Spider Eye + Potion of Strength. SpeedoThreeSixty (talk) 18:23, 12 March 2021 (UTC)
"Water Bottle" is not an individual item in the minecraft code, it's just another potion
The game does not distinguish water bottles as different items than any other potion, just different NBT tags, so unless water bottles get a ton of features added to them in an update that separates them from their use as a potion material, enough to make a decent sized page, they don't need a separate page. This page is also about regular potions, not splash potions, a recommendation for adding a page for splash water bottles would go on the splash potion page. --18.104.22.168 23:18, 12 March 2021 (UTC)
Is it possible to add Lingering Potion of the Turtle Master as the longest name for any item in Minecraft? ty