Add version exclusive commands on command page
I have no idea what they do, but it would be great if someone did two things:
A) Mark commands that are used in PE as such on the commands page.
Figuring out if there really are different "0.16.0 build 1"s out there
Continuing where Talk:Camera#Any change in 0.16.0 was going.
(To summarize, ChuckSmith127 has a build called "0.16.0 build 1" that has NPCs and spawn eggs, Border fences, setblock-able Camera blocks, chalkboards and that other book thing. I have a build saying "0.16.0 build 1" that has none of that.)
- Oh, now I know what happened. My version is "0.15.90.0". That's why you don't have those blocks. Now, what should we do to the NPC, Border, Camera, and chalkboard page? Remove them? ChuckSmith127 (talk) 15:55, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Let's keep the pages, I'm pretty sure they are education edition items. There's the blog post http://pocketbeta.minecraft.net/2016/08/notes-for-016-beta-build-1-aka-015901.html that talks about removing education edition items. Let's do a little research from the http://education.minecraft.net/ pages; I think the pages there mention all these blackboards and things, and we have an Education Edition page that could use some expanding. That's why I was excited that you were able to grab the textures; that edition could use any documentation it can get.
- As for the 0.16.0 page, and the 0.16.0 build 1 page, I'm not too sure. I guess there could be a dedicated section on 0.16.0 build 1, where we could just mention what was added, but that they were removed? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 16:34, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Sealbudsman: Wait, I just checked, I think I have 0.15.90.2, but I have those blocks and entities. In game it says something like "0.15.90.0 build 1". That's all I know right now. Please tell me if you know about these versions. ChuckSmith127 (talk) 16:31, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Ok hm. Where did you see "0.15.90.2"? On the Play store, or what? And where did you earlier see "0.15.90.0"? And you say you still have those blocks and entities? Just in your world, or also in the creative inventory? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 16:34, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Also in my game it literally says "v0.15.90 alpha build 1". Yours? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 16:56, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Today the pocket beta page posted this: http://pocketbeta.minecraft.net/2016/09/0160-beta-build-numbers.html
- I hope it helps... --JimbobsDiamonds64 (talk) 00:38, 3 September 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks but ... ChuckSmith and I have the same version number (0.15.90.2), and for both of us it says build 1, yet he has things I don't, and furthermore it all contradicts that page entirely, which says that 0.15.90.2 should be build 3.
- What are your version numbers, JimbobsDiamonds64?
- I'm sure we'll figure this out sometime. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 01:55, 3 September 2016 (UTC)
- https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCPE#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversions-panel shows build numbers that agree with that blog post. So that is at good. It doesn't quite resolve why Chuck and I have the same versions but different behavior though... – Sealbudsman talk/contr
The pocket beta blog article acknowledges they're just calling these three builds "build 1": http://pocketbeta.minecraft.net/2016/08/notes-for-revised-revised-0.html
That's fine. So ChuckSmith127, given that your version is 0.15.90.2, can you still summon npcs, set camera blocks, and give blackboards and those other items and blocks? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 03:25, 3 September 2016 (UTC)
- I can summon NPCs, setblock cameras, give portfolio, give and setblock border fences, but I can't give chalkboards. I can only setblock chalkboards and it says Block placed, but nothing will happen. Other things work. By the way, I see a NPC spawn egg in creative inventory but it does nothing. I can only summon NPCs with commands. Other items can only be obtained and placed with commands. Hope this helps. ChuckSmith127 (talk) 03:32, 3 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Sealbudsman: I found another 0.15.90.2 version and it doesn't have borders, chalkboards, portfolio and other new items. Cameras are in autocomplete list of summon, but they are not spawnable, give and setblock also doesn't work for camera. I think that's the version that you're using. Now I think there's two different versions called 0.15.90.2 and both of them say 0.15.90 build 1 in game. ChuckSmith127 (talk) 03:33, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Sealbudsman: Actually, it's not another version. In about 4 days after I installed the new 0.16.0 build 1 version, then I saw that there's no portfolios, chalkboards, camera "blocks", and border fences. Also NPC mob was removed, and its spawn egg wasn't in creative inventory. however the spawn egg was still in the game and could be obtained using commands but it didn't work. I think the textures exist in the apk file. I'm sure that I didn't change my version. I still have 0.15.90.2 and in game says 0.15.90 build 1. These items just disappeared by themselves. ChuckSmith127 (talk) 12:15, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
Can someone confim that the minecraft edu items still exist in the latest build?
Because it says that they removed then on the blog: http://pocketbeta.minecraft.net/2016/08/notes-for-016-beta-build-1-aka-015901.html -WillMacViking (talk) 09:28 , 4 Seeptember 2016 (UTC)
- in the discussion above, we are finding that there are different versions of "the latest build", 0.15.90.2, out there. ChuckSmith127 is seeing the EE things, and I am not. So we may just wait until the next build to see what happens. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 15:23, 4 September 2016 (UTC)
There are a lot of UI change
IOS gets 0.16.0 tomorrow
the 0.16.0 update is gonna be released for IOS October 25 ( tomorrow), so I think you should replace the no set release date for IOS part with the IOS release date of October 25(tomorrow). Please?
22.214.171.124 21:26, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- Do you have a link to an offical source confirming the release date? DelboyDylan (talk) 21:53, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- Oh right now. We have 0.16.2 Xxprox9 (talk) 13:53, 25 November 2016 (UTC)