Captain or leader?
Is the banner-wearing illager called the patrol captain or the patrol leader? Mojang seems to be alternating terminology. – Nixinova 21:56, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- Well, I never heard of a "patrol captain" in real life. That just seems awkward, like "patrol chief". It's always "patrol leader". I think we should pick one and be consistent. ~ Amatulic (talk) 00:22, 18 December 2018 (UTC)
- Looking at JE's code, it refers to the banner-wearing pillager as the "captain." For consistency's sake, that terminology should be used--regardless of whether we determine it to be lackluster.--Wordandahalf (talk) 18:28, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
Bad Omen "levels"
If the Bad Omen has 1-3 levels as stated in the article, what do the levels do? Trigger different size raids? Do the levels stack, if you happen to kill another patrol leader before a previous effect wears off? ~ Amatulic (talk) 23:54, 17 January 2019 (UTC)
- Each bad omen level adds to waves to the raid. So Bad Omen V will have 5×2 waves of illagers attacking the village. I'm not sure about the stacking. – Nixinova 00:13, 18 January 2019 (UTC)
22.214.171.124 03:00, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
Section Illager patrol#Java Edition 2 outdated
Now, according to the decompiled code, the behavior on java now is pretty much the behavior on bedrock. I hope another editor or director can take a look and confirm before this change.
- Maybe, that in some superflat world. i play on bedrock and illager patrol still spawn in flat world.
- One of correct biome which illager patrol can spawn is plains which is default biome in classic flat.(the only available superflat preset in bedrock) ImakerB (talk) 11:28, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- I am talking about Java Edition. The chunk generator for superflat in Java does not include a patrol spawner while the regular chunk generator does. liach (talk) 01:32, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
- I am playing on Java Edition and I can confirm the 200 blocks away from village condition doesn't seem to exist anymore : I just saw a patrol spawn in front of me while the nearest village is more than 1000 blocks away 126.96.36.199 13:28, 8 May 2019 (UTC)
What's the frequency? can it be stopped??" (REM song)
I could swear I'd read somewhere that (Illager) Patrols are roughly once an hour /3 MC Days. How long - or is it just an average - might it be before another Illager Patrol arrives? (and might it overlap-ever with a Hero of the Village, Effect? [this all assumes just the same and /or Single, Player, for simplicity]) Yilante 4 /24 /19 11:44 a.m. 188.8.131.52 18:44, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
- Any event that is determined by probability of occurrence won't happen at regular intervals, but at random intervals.
- The article is pretty clear about how it works in Bedrock Edition: "Illager patrols spawn naturally after five in-game days, then after a delay between 5–6 minutes an attempt will be made to spawn an illager patrol (20% chance of success), repeating the delay and spawn attempts." That means you can expect 1 out of 5 spawn attempts to be successful, which averages out to one patrol every 25-30 minutes but the interval between patrols can be as short as 5 minutes or as long as days if many attempts fail in a row.
- The article is less clear on how it works in Java Edition. ~ Amatulic (talk) 20:27, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
- As I read through Java decompiled code, it appears it works the same in JE as the described behavior of BE here, except that patrols won't spawn on superflats. liach (talk) 00:26, 25 April 2019 (UTC)
Move to "patrol"?
Patrols now only have pillagers, and the minecraft.net posts now just call them "patrols". The main 1.14 changelog is also inconsistent of their naming, calling them "patrols" (once), "illager patrols" (twice), and "pillager patrols" (once). – Nixinova 05:06, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- Support. Just move it. No discussion needed here. We shouldn't be naming articles with unnecessary disambiguation in the title when there is no ambiguity. There is no need to disambiguate the type of patrol, because there is only one type. (And I'd say the same is true for "pillager outpost"; what other kind is there?) ~ Amatulic (talk) 14:29, 16 June 2019 (UTC)
- Support They are called pillager patrols in Bedrock Edition. By moving, we would not show a bias towards any particular edition. 04:37, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- Support No extra comments needed, it just makes sense. -PancakeIdentity (talk) 16:22, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- Support for above reasons. –Sonicwave talk 19:06, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- Support -BDJP (t|c) 02:26, 22 June 2019 (UTC)
Is it true that they can spawn in light level 8 or lower at night on Java Edition unlike other hostile mobs which spawn at light level 7 or lower? – ReedemtheD3ad! (talk) 07:08, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
In the History section, it says that initially all types of illagers except illusioners, but including evokers. The history section also never mentioned removing evokers from the raids. Old memer (talk) 02:40, 15 January 2020 (UTC)
Day requirement: gametime or daytime?
If I do /set time 240000 (day 10), will patrols start attempting to spawn? or not until I've been in the game long enough? 184.108.40.206 18:23, 14 March 2021 (UTC)
- I think that will just modulo 24000 to set a time in the current in-game day. You need to use "/time add 240000" to add 10 in-game days to the world time.
- As to whether that will cause a patrol spawn attempt, I have no idea. Amatulic (talk) 00:20, 15 March 2021 (UTC)
Bedrock light level requirement
The article says patrols spawn at light level 0-7 like any other hostile mob.
I've observed patrols spawning in broad daylight on Hard difficulty.
I'm playing the "Ocean Monuments Ahead" seed from the Bedrock Edition seed picker. I'm on a small island, well-lit so hostile mobs don't spawn on it. But patrols still spawn on it.
One time, in broad daylight, I saw a wandering trader bobbing in the ocean offshore, so I crossed over my island to get my boat. While crossing my island, the only mobs I saw on it were the passive animals I keep.
After a paddled the boat around my island to pick up the wandering trader (he had a glowstone block I wanted, and I had 2 emeralds from previous patrols), I beached the boat and saw 2 pillagers and 2 vindicators staring at me. They just appeared while I was riding around the island in my boat.
So I have to wonder if the light level 0-7 is really a requirement. I have tagged that sentence with a 'verify' tag.
Strangely, I noticed that if I shot an arrow at one from my boat, only that illager would come at me. The rest would just stand and stare, including the two pillagers with crossbows. So I could pick them off one by one (although a pillager would start shooting when I shot it). And this is Hard difficulty. This made me wonder if being in a boat prevents the patrol from pathfinding to you, and only by shooting one do you aggravate an illager enough to make it approach you. Amatulic (talk) 15:39, 5 June 2021 (UTC)