Will rubies be in 1.17 or another update?
- No. Rubies are unique to Minecraft Earth and are used like minecoins to buy stuff in the Minecraft store. I suspect if rubies ever made it into the base game, they would have a similar purpose to avoid sowing confusion. Amatulic (talk) 18:36, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
Version exclusive item categories
This page is currently a bit confusing to read as a lot of items are given version exclusive markers to justify them being in certain categories. This not just makes it look like the item only exists in that edition (instead of only fitting in that category for that edition), but also clutters the page and starts to seem a bit out of scope. I would recommend just choosing a single category for the items and if the versions disagree, pick a category they can agree upon. KnightMiner (t/c) 21:18, 21 May 2021 (UTC)
- Out of that huge list, I count only about 10 of them. I just shortened one, which made it look cluttered, but the rest are hardly noticeable to me.
- I confess I don't see the problem you are seeing. I am not seeing that the tags provide any justification for being in categories. The markers serve only to indicate that the item is available in Java or Bedrock only and not both.
- It doesn't make sense to me to eliminate, say, the Education Edition section and merge all those items into the other lists.
- Can you give an example of the problem you see? Amatulic (talk) 21:26, 21 May 2021 (UTC)
- Ink sac, iron ingot and lapis lazuli all are marked as version exclusive as they have version exclusive usage in the world. Its super misleading in my opinion as it looks like the item itself is exclusive, not its presence in this category. KnightMiner (t/c) 02:28, 3 June 2021 (UTC)
Move iron ingot
- Iron ingot is already listed in the section on items with uses. Amatulic (talk) 12:19, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
Where's the Beef?
Cooked Beef specifically is missing from the items section --Mrs. Istalee'82 [Fan since 1996] 17:09, 9 September 2021 (UTC)
- In-game, beef that is cooked is called Steak, and Steak is in the list. – Unsigned comment added by SLScool (talk • contribs) at 17:32, 9 September 2021 (UTC). Sign comments with ~~~~
- Don't presume everyone plays Java Edition. In Bedrock Edition, the in-game name is cooked beef. I have added it to the list, and tagged both names with "only Java" or "only Bedrock" tags. It's time for this wiki to prioritize Bedrock names over Java, as by now Bedrock Edition has the larger installed base. Amatulic (talk) 23:47, 9 September 2021 (UTC)
Items float up through solid blocks?
I saw something weird in my Bedrock Edition survival game, suggesting that an item floating upward in water floats through solid blocks.
I have spent much of this year conquering an ocean monument and clearing out the water. I left a room at the very bottom floor of the monument with one layer of water in it, which I plan to use for breeding axolotls. The room is accessible from a hole in the ceiling. Below this bottom floor is the ocean. It is dark under the monument so squid can spawn there at night.
Once I looked down into this room and I saw glow ink sacs floating in the single layer of water on the bottom floor.
There are no axolotls in the room. The room (actually my whole monument) is well-lit on the inside, so nothing can spawn in it.
I can only conclude that a glow squid spawned below the monument, then got killed by a guardian, and the ink sacs floated up, passing through the floor, coming to rest on top of the layer of water blocks on the floor.
Items rest on top of blocks, but are blocks effectively transparent to items rising up from below? I can do more tests in Bedrock Edition but am curious if this also happens in Java. Amatulic (talk) 02:39, 3 October 2021 (UTC)
Saplings and Flowers
Why are saplings and flowers not included as items? 188.8.131.52 21:44, 8 October 2021 (UTC) I found an answer to my question (they're blocks), but I can't delete this topic because I'm a new user. Sorry!
In Bedrock Edition these can now be used to repair iron golems (as of 1.18.10 I believe), so I would like this fixed. I don't have an account... so I can't... sorry.
- The article already says that. See Item#Items with use in the world. Amatulic (talk) 21:41, 18 February 2022 (UTC)
Goat Horns are in Java Edition 1.19 can anyone add upcoming java 1.19. I don't have an account.