- 1 Client Mods
- 2 Skin settings
- 3 Mapmaker vs Contributor
- 4 Typo in 'mapmaker' cape section
- 5 Alternative source of cape-owner information
- 6 Minecon 2016 cape
- 7 Elytra photos
- 8 Minecon Earth (Minecon 2017)'s cape ?
- 9 Turtle Cape
- 10 Does anyone care how many users own a cape?
- 11 Bedrock Edition Jeb hair cape
- 12 Mojang Studios
- 13 More skin pack capes
- 14 The 2019 Cape Appears Twice on The Same Page
- 15 I wonder is there's a cape for MINECON Live 2020?
- 16 New Microsoft Account Migration Cape
- 17 Should capes be extremely rare or just rare?
- 18 Spelling
- 19 Original files
- 20 Grammar
This page says that capes are implemented via mods. Isn't an adjustment related to the way things look implemented via resourse pack? 18.104.22.168 22:25, 4 June 2015 (UTC)
- Normally, yes. However, in the case of capes, resource packs can't add them (generally, resource packs are unable to tweak player skins), and thus a mod is needed to have it check for a custom cape. --Pokechu22 (talk) 23:33, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
"Skin options/Disable cape" => changes ?
--22.214.171.124 14:30, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
Mapmaker vs Contributor
Given that namemc isn't an official site (I'm only including it in the references section because it's a lot more approachable to seeing who has it than the texture API), it probably shouldn't be the source for the name. The name isn't found in any of the official APIs (well, we could call it the 43a51d34b076f9ada555dca562206bd942e46a3c4d5f83c2c29e5b9c3d7dbcb cape, but... you can see why that isn't a good idea).
However, it's possible that the name is found elsewhere (maybe on the mojang profile page). So if the name is found anywhere, it would be useful to know. Also, I'm going to contact namemc and see where they're getting that name from (because as far as I know, there isn't an API to get all capes owned by a player, yet they do so..., so there may be something I'm missing).
- Looking at the site now, it calls the cape "Realms Mapmaker", and that is the name used on the Minecraft website, so I would go with "Mapmaker" –KnightMiner t/c 04:24, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
- Springstof here. On the Minecraft profile page the cape is called the MapMaker cape, with two capital M's. Proof: Screenshot. --Vrijgevochten (talk) 13:30, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
Typo in 'mapmaker' cape section
It's a very minor change, but the page seems to be protected so I can't fix it myself. "Moseh" is supposed to be spelled "Moesh". Might also be good to reword it slightly, as it could easily be interpreted as a user named "Currently" also having the cape. My suggested version would be "The only known users that currently have this cape are Sethbling, ..., and Moesh."Qwertyuiopthepie (talk) 10:36, 16 February 2016 (UTC)
Alternative source of cape-owner information
identifies 14 current owners of the MapMaker cape as of 03-Apr-2016:
Aikiebo dragnoz EpicMelon K1ll1er Kupo Moesh MojangRealms Nobleman paaaaaaat samasaurus6 SethBling Skypit slicedlime Springstof
It also reveals a (possible) Minecon 2016 design modelled by Mojangsta KrisJelbring:
mynameisperl --126.96.36.199 13:42, 3 April 2016 (UTC)
Minecon 2016 cape
The 2016 Minecon cape it here! As I couldn't edit the Cape page on this wiki, here is the file for the cape which I got directly from "textures.minecraft.net" (although I renamed it, and added the .png).
188.8.131.52 04:44, 26 September 2016 (UTC)LeeSpork
I wonder if the wiki shouldn't provide, for each cape, another image showing the render while wearing an Elytra. The page is semi-protected and I'm too lazy to create an account if this idea is not accepted... ;)
184.108.40.206 12:42, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
Minecon Earth (Minecon 2017)'s cape ?
but there is a minecon live 2019 cape. --220.127.116.11 21:28, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
Does anyone care how many users own a cape?
I noticed several entries that say "As of (date), X users own this cape."
These things keep changing, and it seems like an unnecessary maintenance burden to keep updating them. It's trivia. Do we really need these factoids in the article? Does anyone object to removing them? ~ Amatulic (talk) 06:32, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- I'll remove this information in a week or so if there's no objection. ~ Amatulic (talk) 18:53, 20 February 2020 (UTC)
Bedrock Edition Jeb hair cape
i noticed that capes from skin packs are now listed on this page however one i noticed still missing was jeb's "hair cape" from the 3rd birthday skin pack https://marketplace.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp?id=603d6be1-7745-4ad8-8af3-908ad017500f
however i suck at editing wikis and neither do i know how i'd create a proper render so i'm just adding this to the talk page
18.104.22.168 19:11, 23 May 2020 (UTC)
Can somebody change every reference of “Mojang AB” to “Mojang Studios?” —22.214.171.124 16:49, 27 May 2020 (UTC)
More skin pack capes
This skin pack (https://www.minecraft.net/nl-nl/pdp?id=7c90a678-4077-4dee-ab22-caddf7b96ed8#) has some more capes, I have no idea how to get the png so I am asking here if someone can get the png and add it to the page, Thanks And how do you get the texture btw? (so I can also get some if I find more)
The 2019 Cape Appears Twice on The Same Page
The 2019 cape is listed in both Minecon Capes and Bedrock Capes. Surely there is a better way to convey this information. Perhaps listing them as Java Minecon Capes and Bedrock Minecon Capes.
I wonder is there's a cape for MINECON Live 2020?
New Microsoft Account Migration Cape
It was revealed in a new video by Mojang that players on Java Edition who switch their account to Microsoft get a new cape that's red with a black triangle. – Preceding unsigned comment was added by Explodingguy123 (talk • contribs) at 17:36, October 21, 2020 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The article suggested that it may be possible to earn multiple capes, but the other cape(s) were not shown/mentioned in the video – Preceding unsigned comment was added by NotAFishyFishyFish (talk • contribs) at 18:06, 21 October 2020 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- It's red with black "triangle" that is divided with yellow color line, I will work on preview texture and upload real texture with renders ASAP. Also, should there be a new category for Microsoft Account Capes? since they are hinting for multiple capes in the article... Richard01 cze (talk) 18:08, 21 October 2020 (UTC)
Should capes be extremely rare or just rare?
As of the Migration cape annoucment, extremely rare statement got changed to rare but that's just for one cape, the other capes are still extremely rare and i would say impossible to get. so should it be changed back or the overall description rewritten? Richard01 cze (talk) 07:53, 24 October 2020 (UTC)
- I'd say don't mention rarity at all, it's subjective anyway. Dhranios (talk) 08:00, 24 October 2020 (UTC)
Please fix the spelling of "receive" (it has benn misspelled) in the second paragraph of the "Obtaining" section.--126.96.36.199 14:41, 30 October 2020 (UTC)
What do you think about undoing the file changes so that the cape textures are actually the original in the "Original" column? It makes sense to me to have the actual original files in there instead of edited to have no white around them making them basically edited. Same for Elytra on its page. Richard01 cze (talk) 19:53, 4 March 2021 (UTC)
The description of the Prismarine cape says "for unknown reason". Could somebody please fix this? I can't edit the page since it's locked and the error is driving me up the walls. – Unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk). Sign comments with ~~~~