Any ideas of why its there?
possibly to take screenshots? make fancy homes? im not sure but i think its not going to be added i guess.[thesquid120]
- I was about to add a topic 'Possibility of Custom Paintings?', where you could take a picture of your house, and make it into a painting.Well,Yours truly, Ajc_1254 15:10, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
right we might able to take custom paintings but iwas thinking of making a movie theather? [[mewtwoy]]
Maybe if we go deeper into the files, we can find a use for it, like a secret 11 (10 fingers + nose) touch that will activate it! But for now, we will never know Evau1 20:50, 23 April 2012 (UTC)
Actually, it does have a use. As thesquid120 said, it takes a screenshot without the HUD. Don't remember the file where the pics are stored...220.127.116.11 03:56, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
I'm just going to say, It would be really cool if they added it in the new cave update, because... well... you could craft it using amethyst crystals and copper! Just like the telescope! [IdkQueen]
Can someone post the textures? I don't have a Xperia play and if I did I will, most likely, not know how to see the files.
Also in iOS version
I've looked through the files on my jailbroken iPhone - camera.png is in there as well.
- Yea I realized that the image would need to be changed to a mobile device or something after the release of the iOS version. Need someone to change it. - Asterick6 23:34, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
Why is it a block?
If it is just a texture now, how do you know that it's a block and not entity or item? DiEvAl 14:30, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- in the files i got that litle image.Scarecrow1000 03:52, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- In a disassembled Android libminecraftpe.so, the camera is an Entity, TripodCamera, with methods common to entities such as getEntityTypeId as well as a CameraItem for the inventory view. Its renderer is based on an entity renderer, as its render method is TripodCameraRenderer::render(Entity*, float, float, float, float, float). I think this should be moved to an Entity. Http500 01:38, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
How do we know the blast resistance? Is there any coding for that? 18.104.22.168 18:22, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
You might be interested in this:  There is an actual camera block in game. The data value is 456 according to [[Data values (Pocket Edition)|this page]]. --☺ Sven R.I.P. Donna Summer 18:13, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
Umm... I'm confused
Moss stone in the picture
When I looked closely at the photo with Steve and a house covered by smoke, I saw moss stone. amoss stone will be in 0.4.0, but how come moss stone is there when 0.4 is not even released yet? Dlpham 18:16, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
- I took that pic in a world with many hacked-in blocks, including mossystone. You'll notice it's also the Faithful 32 TP. It's just what I had up and running at the time the camera entity was discovered. --OSX2000 11:39, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
Any change in 0.16.0
I haven't gotten involved yet in disassembling the PE version, to be able to answer this question, so maybe, Jocopa3, you can help:
camera is now listed in the
/summon autocomplete, and besides that it can't actually be summoned (neither of which I think warrant a mention in the changelog, in my opinion), are there any notable changes to the camera in 0.16.0?
@ChuckSmith127: are you really able to setblock a camera? Or are you inventory editing? Because I cannot setblock it, it gives an invalid syntax error , I assume for using a block argument not in the autocomlete. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 06:09, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Sealbudsman: When I type /give @p camera, it gives me a camera in inventory that looks like a block, but it spawns the entity when I place it. But I can place the block if I type /setblock ~ ~ ~ camera. I think it is also possible to place it with editing. My version is 0.16.0 build 1. That's all I know. ChuckSmith127 (talk) 06:24, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- @ChuckSmith127: I think I figured it out. We may be playing different revisions. Interesting read:  they re-released build 1, taking away "education edition only items." I have 0.16.0 build 1, but I guess I downloaded it after the revision, so I don't have, for instance, the NPC spawn egg, the border block, or the camera block, which I saw you add to the wiki these past few hours. I have watched videos with the NPC spawn egg, and it has the exact same version number at the top, as I have. They apparently didn't change the version number in this case.
- I am really glad you screenshotted those things, and made pages. I think they might keep those blocks out of the game, in build 2 or the release, and It might help to have some record of things, *especially* for the Education Edition page. We have so little info on that edition.
- So that is my guess anyway. I guess we can wait until build 2 or the release to see how things go. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 12:04, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Sealbudsman, ChuckSmith127; pardon my interruption, but both of you may actually be playing different builds. A post was just released on the beta blog regarding such: http://pocketbeta.minecraft.net/2016_09_01_archive.html -BDJP (t|c) 13:28, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Mine says, in game, "v0.15.90 alpha build 1" – Sealbudsman talk/contr 13:52, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- ... and my Play store says I have 0.15.90.2 installed. Which is different from how it's described in that link. So BDJP007301 maybe you are correct. This discussion probably should continue at Talk:Pocket Edition v0.16.0 alpha. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 15:26, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- EDIT: Would you be able to screenshot the npc spawn egg, or open the APK and get the texture, if you know how? In case we can't get it later.
- Actually if you can open the APK, and can get the NPC texture, the the camera block texture and the border block texture, I think that would allow people to do renders. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 12:11, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
Some features do not seem to be mentioned
When I played Minecraft Education Edition, I found that pressing "Shift" and "Mouse2" at the same time can quickly capture a photo and store it in the portfolio, but your wiki page does not seem to mention this feature. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 6:25, 26 January 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Thanks for the tip, I'll add it to the wiki page! A lot of Education Edition features are undocumented on this wiki because it's hard for regular users to play a copy of the Education Edition without a university/school email account. Any information regarding the EDU edition is greatly appreciated. Jocopa3 (talk) 06:59, 26 January 2017 (UTC)
Uh... Help please?
Can someone please tell me how to get the camera on Minecraft Pocket Edition? Or just tell me if it's not possible.
- You have to flip the "education edition" switch in the world settings. Amatulic (talk) 23:46, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
How do you get the Camera block?
I know you can get the Camera that actually takes pictures with the tripod and stuff, but I'm trying to figure out how to get the block variant that does nothing (no reason). How do I get it? Do I need to use inventory editing again?