See § Structure
|Can generate in
Swamp huts consist of a small square building made of spruce planks, with oak log pillars extending down to the ground. There is a small platform outside of the hut that could be an entrance; however, it is many blocks above the ground, and there are no stairs that go upwards to the hut, although vines can generate from the front platform and down to the ground. The roof of the swamp hut is made up of spruce wood stairs and spruce wood planks. The hut is two blocks tall inside.
However, in Bedrock Edition, the cauldron generates with a random potion inside of it in random amounts. There is a 25% chance for Healing or Poison, 15% for Swiftness, 10% for Slowness, Weakness, or Water Breathing, and 5% Fire Resistance.
Brewing stands do not generate in swamp huts, as the witch "brews" potions inside the cauldron.
- Witch (one spawns in the hut, although the witch might respawn in Bedrock Edition)
- Black Cat (one spawns in the hut, the cat is always a stray cat)
Additionally, witches can spawn on any block within the 7×7×9 (x×y×z) area that constitutes the hut (this is the size of the roof and one block over the porch, from one level below the floor of the hut to two blocks above the roof). Cats can also spawn within this area. However, they require a grass block to spawn on. Any other cats to spawn within the swamp hut (from spawn eggs, breeding[Bedrock Edition only], and commands without cat type set) always spawn as black.
Witches sometimes wander around the hut, or follows any targets outside the hut. The black cat doesn't always follow the witch. The witch will always return to the hut if the witch didn't wander too far.
In Bedrock Edition, witches respawn on only one block within the swamp hut if the witch is killed.
|1.4.2||12w40a||Added witch huts.|
|1.8||14w34d||The witch hut spawning zone has now been decreased or eliminated, depending on altitude of the hut.|
|1.8.1||pre1||A new witch hut spawning system can now spawn witches from Y coordinates 64 to 71, a wider range than before.|
|1.11||16w42a||Witches that spawn upon the generation of witch huts no longer despawn.|
|1.13||17w47a||The flower pot in witch huts now has a red mushroom inside of it.|
|18w06a||Changed spawning locations of swamp huts. (This allowed /locate to differentiate between locating temple types.)|
|1.14||18w43a||Due to the Texture Update, the textures of blocks in the swamp hut have now been changed, causing the swamp hut to also change.|
|18w47a||The texture of spruce planks has now been changed, causing the swamp hut to also change.|
|18w50a||The texture of spruce planks have now been changed, causing the swamp hut to also change.|
|?||Swamp huts now spawn with a black cat.|
|1.17||21w07a||Seagrass can no longer replace parts of witch huts.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|v0.14.0||build 1||Added witch huts.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.2||A new witch spawning system has now been added to witch huts.|
|1.8.0||beta 126.96.36.199||Witch huts now spawn with a black cat.|
|1.10.0||beta 188.8.131.52||Due to the Texture Update, the textures of blocks in the swamp hut have now been changed, causing the swamp hut to also change.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU19||CU7||1.12||Patch 1||1.0.1||Added witch huts.|
|1.90||Due to the Texture Update, the textures of blocks in the swamp hut have now been changed, causing the swamp hut to also change.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|0.1.0||Added witch huts.|
- The "hut" part of a swamp hut generates on or above the surface, while the wood "pillars" extend down until they reach solid ground. This means that if part of a swamp hut is at sea level and another part is on top of deep ground, such as a ravine, the pillars on the deep-ground side go all the way down to the bottom.
- It is possible for swamp huts to generate on top of one another.
- Swamp huts are one of five generated structures that do not generate loot chests (the others are desert wells, fossils, nether fossil and ocean monuments).
- Swamp huts, together with nether fortresses, ocean monuments and pillager outposts, are the only four generated structures in the game that have special spawning rules within their bounding boxes.
A swamp hut that generated over deep water.
A swamp hut where part of it generated on highland, and part of it above a deep cave.