December 7, 2018
16.7 GB (digital download)
Minecraft content was added to the game as paid downloadable content on October 13, 2020.
Steve was confirmed as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on October 1, 2020 as the second downloadable character from the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 DLC pack. Alex, a Zombie, and an Enderman were also announced as alternate costumes for the fighter. The DLC pack was released on October 13th, 2020 for $5.99 US.
Descriptions taken from the in-game move list.
- Neutral Special (): Mine / Craft / Create Block - Collect materials from the ground by mining the floor. Craft tools while at the crafting table or place blocks while in the air.
- Side Special ( + Left/Right): Minecart - An iron minecart will travel along the rails. Powered rails can be placed with the right materials. If empty, the minecart will carry an enemy away.
- Up Special ( + Up): Elytra - Equip an elytra, accelerate with a firework rocket, and glide through the air. Adjust the trajectory by inputting up and down.
- Down Special ( + Down): TNT - Use several materials to create an explosive block. Hold the special-move button and left or right to use redstone and place a plate that can set off the block.
- Final Smash ( after breaking a Smash Ball, getting a full Final Smash meter, or being granted a Final Smash through other means): House of Boom - Create a big piston that strikes out to one side. The piston can hit multiple opponents, but only one will be launched into a dark room that then explodes.
Minecraft World is a stage in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. True to the source material it can take the appearance of various biomes, affecting the stage layout. The stage also has a day-night cycle, synced to the music. The background of this stage is seemingly based on Java Edition, due to terrain differences such as more abundant grass in the Plains stage and snow layers not occupying the same block as plants in the Snowy Tundra stage.
Each biome can be forced to load by entering inputs in the stage select screen. The biomes are, as follows:
- Plains - the default biome. Features a village in the background, with a bell and animal pen. The layout includes a broken-down house and a pile of hay bales. This biome is also used in the Battlefield and Omega layout of the stage. Can be loaded by holding .
- Birch Forest - features two platforms hidden in two birch trees. Can be loaded by holding + .
- Savanna - has a double-canopy acacia tree, which hides a platform. Can be loaded by holding + up.
- Taiga - features a single taiga village house in the background. The stage layout contains a cobblestone boulder and a spruce tree. Can be loaded by holding + right.
- Snowy Tundra - features a snowy tundra village house in the background, along with a sheep pen and a lamp post. The stage layout has two platforms and an igloo in the middle. Can be loaded by holding + down.
- Stone Shore - features a single platform and a cave-like stone formation, with an ocean separating the main stage from the mountains. Can be loaded by holding + left.
Birch Forest biome.
Snowy Tundra biome.
Stone Shore biome.
- Halland/Dalarna - a remix of the two camp themes from Minecraft Dungeons. Along with a faster tempo, it incorporates electric guitar riffs, a modern drum kit, and string sections.
- Earth - a remix of the main theme from Minecraft Earth. It is done in an upbeat orchestral style and also contains a drum-and-bass beat, compared to the original's calm slow-paced piano. However, it still retains the piano in some point of the track.
- Clockwork Crafter - one of the Legacy Console Edition Battle Minigame themes. It is the only song to not be remixed and is taken directly from the original game.
- Toys on a Tear - a new remix of one of the Shrunk Battle Minigame themes. It is faithful to the original, but it also includes acoustic and electric guitars as well as the FM synth style instrumentation from the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive's chip in place of the chimes.
- Dance of the Blocks - a new remix of one of the Shrunk Battle Mini Game themes. Like the previous remix, it is very faithful to the original, but it also includes lighter percussion as well as a timpani, and is generally more subdued and calmer.
- Glide - an orchestral remix of Glide Vanilla Map 1 Track 1. It also incorporates a loop and new instruments like the acoustic guitar.
- The Arch-Illager - a new orchestral remix of the Arch-Illager's boss theme from Minecraft Dungeons. It remains faithful to the original complete with a choir, but also incorporates a modern drum kit and elements of piano.
Bold denotes rearranged tracks.
Link Credits: Sitting on Clouds and Gareth Coker - Topic
- Creeper Outfit - a model replacement costume for the Mii Brawler. The Mii's limbs are replaced by floating creeper legs.
- Pig Outfit - another model replacement costume for the Mii Brawler in a similar vein to the Creeper Outfit. The costume may be based on the famous pig model error.
- Diamond Armor - a suit costume for the Mii Swordfighter, giving it diamond armor and a diamond sword.
- Official Steve reveal trailer
- Official Steve gameplay demonstration
- Official website
- Article on Wikipedia
- Article about Minecraft on SmashWiki
- Article about Steve's fighter info on SmashWiki
- Steve on the Smash mural https://nintendowire.com/news/2020/10/01/see-minecraft-steve-take-his-place-in-the-super-smas
- Clockwork Crafter
- Toys on a Tear
- Dance of the Blocks
- The Arch-Illager