| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help Minecraft Wiki bythe page.
The strider is a passive, rideable mob that can survive and walk on lava. They can only be controlled by a warped fungus on a stick, similar to how pigs can be controlled with a carrot on a stick. Striders can also be bred with warped fungus.
Striders roam faster when swimming on lava than walking on land. They can also be ridden by two mobs: the Zombified Piglins, and the Striders' own offspring.
They will take damage when it is raining or when touching the water.
- They are the first passive mob to be immune to fire and lava.
- They are the first rideable mob to be immune to fire and lava
- They are the second mob that can walk on the surface of lava, first being the magma cube.
- They are the only entirely passive Nether mobs to be added to the game.
- They are the 3rd nether mob to be non-Hostile, after Zombified Piglins and Piglins.
- They are the second mobs that need an item on a stick to control the movement, with the first being the pig.
- They are the second passive mob to be a source of string, the first being cats.
- In Snapshot 20w14a, striders move faster in lava than in 20w13a or 20w13b.
- A baby strider will not dismount a strider upon growth.
- This means there is a chance of 3 adult striders on top of each other.
- In Snapshot: 20w15a and after, a Strider will turn bluish-purple, and start shivering outside of lava with a beard-like frown.
- They will take damage in the rain even if they are on lava.
- They will still be shivering when they are in fire or on top of magma too.
- They wiggle their heads when they walk.
- They don't have a saddle when it is a baby strider on top of an adult strider.
- Players cannot ride a baby strider.