| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
In the Nether, 2-4 striders spawn on the surface of a lava block with two air blocks above. Every 15 secs (400 ticks), an attempt is made to spawn strider. In each spawned strider there is 1/10 chance that they spawn with a baby on top, while it is 1/30 for a Zombified Piglin. If this happens, the strider spawns with a saddle while the Piglin spawns with a Warped Fungus on a Stick. The Piglin will never despawn, but not from Peaceful difficulty.
The strider is a passive, rideable mob that can survive and walk on lava. They can only be controlled by a warped fungus on a stick, similar to how pigs can be controlled with a carrot on a stick. Striders can also be bred with warped fungus.
Striders roam faster when striding on lava than walking on land. They can also be ridden by two mobs: the Zombified Piglins, and the Striders' offspring.
They will take damage when it is raining or when touching the water.
Adult Striders drop 0-5 strings upon death, with the maximum is increased by 1 per level of Looting, result in a total of 0-8 strings with Looting III.[Java Edition only]
Adult Striders drop 2-5 strings upon death, un affected by Looting.[Bedrock Edition only]
Striders that spawn with a saddle have an 8.5% chance of dropping it upon death with an addditional 1% chance per level of Looting. Saddles provided by the player always drop on death.
- Breeding Striders do not count towards the advancement that requires you to breed all of the mobs, Two by Two.
- They are the first passive mob to be immune to fire and lava.
- They are the first rideable mob to be immune to fire and lava
- They are the only mob that can walk on lava.
- They are the only entirely passive Nether mobs to be added to the game.
- They are the 3rd nether mob to be non-Hostile, after Zombified Piglins and Piglins.
- They are the second mobs that need an item on a stick to control the movement, with the first being the pig.
- They are the second passive mob to be a source of string, the first being cats.
- In Snapshot 20w14a, striders move faster in lava than in 20w13a or 20w13b.
- A baby strider will not dismount a strider upon growth.
- This means there is a chance of 3 adult striders on top of each other.
- In Snapshot: 20w15a and after, a Strider will turn bluish-purple, and start shivering outside of lava with a beard-like frown.
- They will take damage in the rain even if they are on lava.
- They will still be shivering when they are in fire or on top of magma too.
- They wiggle their heads when they walk.
- They don't have a saddle when it is a baby strider on top of an adult strider.
- Players cannot ride a baby strider.
- A strider has a small chance of spawning with a Zombified Piglin riding it (with a saddle, of course).