|Catches fire from lava||
The stonecutter is a decorative block that has no other functions.
An old stonecutter requires a pickaxe to be mined, in which case it drops itself. If mined without a pickaxe, then the mining is slower and it drops nothing.
- Times are for unenchanted tools as wielded by players with no status effects, measured in seconds. For more information, see Breaking § Speed.
Stonecutters can be used only for decoration.
|Name||Identifier||Numeric ID||Form||Item ID[i 1]||Translation key|
|Stonecutter||Block & Giveable Item[i 2]||Identical[i 3]|
- ID of block's direct item form, which is used in savegame files and addons.
- Available with
- The block's direct item form has the same id with the block.
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|The stonecutter uses the Minecraft Advanced Touch Technology Interface System (MATTIS) crafting system, the same system used by the crafting table.|
|The stonecutter's crafting recipe is four cobblestone in 2×2 square.|
|The stonecutter is used to craft every stone-type block in Pocket Edition, except itself, furnaces, tools and mineral blocks.|
|v0.7.0||Corrected name from tile.stonecutter.name< to Stonecutter.|
|v0.9.0||build 1||The layout of the stonecutter interface has now been reorganized, with crafting descriptions no longer being displayed in it.|
|v0.13.0||build 1||All items are now crafted via crafting tables. As a result, the stonecutter has now been made unobtainable in survival and is now only used for decorative purposes.|
|1.10.0||beta 18.104.22.168||There are two stonecutters in the creative inventory, the old stonecutter and the new stonecutter, if experimental gameplay is on.|
|With experimental gameplay enabled, searching for "stonecutter" using |
|1.11.0||?||Stonecutters have now been removed from the creative inventory and commands.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|Stonecutters are only used for decorative purposes.|
- The stonecutter was originally added to Pocket Edition due to a lack of space in the Minecraft Advanced Touch Technology Interface System (MATTIS) crafting screen, prior to the redesign in v0.9.0 alpha.
- The stonecutter has never been usable in New Nintendo 3DS Edition, as its first version was based on Pocket Edition v0.15.4 alpha, two major releases after the removal of the stonecutter's functionality.
- The new stonecutter can be considered a revamped version of this block, because it has similar functionality to this one.