|This article was featured on the Main Page of Minecraft Wiki!|
Stone (also referred to as "Smooth Stone" before the Minecraft 1.13 update, when actual smooth stone was added to the creative inventory) is the most common Block in the Overworld, after Air, in all current game modes. It turns into Cobblestone when mined after Beta, unless using a Pickaxe with the Silk Touch enchantment. Also, after Beta, it is possible to turn cobblestone back into stone by cooking it inside a Furnace. Then you can smelt it into "smooth stone" as of the 1.14 snapshots. Stone also forms when lava flows on top of water.
Stone is mostly found at least three or four blocks underneath Grass. Stone is useful because it is an easy material to build with, although it cannot be used for the crafting of tools. Mason villagers will buy stone from a player in exchange for an emerald.
Stone is one of the blocks that Silverfish are able to go into and spawn from.
|Stone Brick||Stone Slab x6|
|Redstone Repeater||Redstone Comparator|
|Redstone Torch||Redstone||Redstone Torch||Redstone Torch||Nether Quartz||Redstone Torch|
|Stone Button |
|Stone Pressure Plate|
- There is an extremely rare glitch in which if a player goes down a diagonal stone tunnel, they will 'no-clip' through the wall and suffocate.
- It is suggested to be an igneous rock as it comes from the cooling of lava.
- Stone's blast resistance is not very strong. Oddly enough, when turned into cobblestone, its blast resistance increases.
- Stone (along with one block of cobblestone) can be found in the void preset when creating a buffet world.
- Bedrock has the same texture as stone except it has a higher contrast than stone does.
- Stone can be smelted into "Smooth Stone" as part of the 1.14 snapshots.