Stained glass is made by placing 8 glass in a crafting table with any color of dye in the center. It is used primarily as decoration. The color of the stained glass depends on which color dye a player uses. Arranging 6 stained glass blocks in a crafting table will make a stained glass pane of that color of Stained glass. Stained glass can come in the following colors:
- Light Blue
- Light Gray
|x8 Stained Glass||Stained Glass Pane x16|
|Glass||Any Dye||Glass||Stained Glass||Stained Glass||Stained Glass|
|Glass||Glass||Glass||Stained Glass||Stained Glass||Stained Glass|
- If stained glass is placed in the path of a beacon's beam of light, the beam of light that passes through it will change to the color of the stained glass.
- Stained glass has a slightly "mistier" texture than regular glass; however, all of its pixels are at least slightly transparent, whereas regular glass has some completely opaque pixels.
- Light Gray Stained Glass is practically invisible in Chests and Inventory.
- As of update 1.2, stained glass is craftable in the Windows 10 Edition and Pocket Edition.
- Stained glass will not drop when mined unless mined with an enchanted pickaxe that has the silk touch enchantment.
- Cocoa Beans, ink sacs, bonemeal, and lapis lazuli can no longer dye blocks or armor.