A snowball is (usually) a harmless item that players can throw as a projectile.
Snowballs can be crafted into snow blocks, which can further be crafted into snow covers/slabs if desired.
So yeah this is usless unless fighting blazes but even then not that great as it only does 23 hearts of damage. Seven well-aimed snowballs can kill a blaze. When a snowball makes contact with a target, it has a knockback effect that is equivalent to the knockback I enchantment. They can, therefore, be useful to knock a mob or player off a cliff, into a trap, lava, or other hazards. They can also be used to temporarily keep enemies away, by repeatedly knocking them back. Although snowballs do not deal damage specifically to players, they do wear down armor durability, though less effectively if the armor is enchanted with unbreaking.
Like arrows, chicken eggs, fire charges, and spawn eggs, snowballs can be fired from dispensers, however, they do not collide with the player. They also do not deal knockback to any mobs when shot this way but will still damage blazes.
- Snowballs are ignited when thrown through lava but are not destroyed. They will still burn players, dealing continuous damage.
- Snowballs can be useful while fighting the Ender Dragon in the End, as they can break Ender Crystals, without wasting Arrows.
- There is a glitch where snowballs can sometimes pass through solid blocks.
- There are certain Achievements related to snowballs.
- You can get infinite snowballs by using a snow golem. This can be done by simply trapping the snow golem and continuously dig the snow it left with a shovel.