If a small fireball hits a block, fire is placed at that location if possible. It produces no explosive effect. Small fireballs can light campfires and nether portals and can prime minecarts with TNT.
If it hits an entity that is not immune to fire and does not have the Fire Resistance effect, the entity takes 5 of projectile damage regardless of difficulty level. The target is set on fire for 5 seconds, which does an additional 4 fire damage over time; it can deal up to 9 damage from these combined effects.
A small fireball cannot be deflected by melee attacks or arrows, unlike regular fireballs. However, it can be blocked by shields, which prevents the player from being damaged and lit on fire. They cannot be deflected.
Small fireballs fired from a dispenser fly in a straight line (with a random offset from the dispenser's line of sight). It places fire when it hits a block. Blazes shoot small fireballs at players.
|Name||Identifier||Entity tags||Translation key|
|Name||Identifier||Numeric ID||Translation key|
Small fireballs have entity data associated with them that contains various properties.
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities
- Tags common to all fireballs
- Tags common to all projectiles
- Item: The item to render as, may be absent.
- Tags common to all items
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9 Prerelease||Added small fireballs.|
|1.5||13w02a||The texture of the small fireball has been changed from to .|
|13w02b||The texture of the small fireball has been changed from back to .|
|1.6.1||13w24a||The texture of the small fireball has been changed from to .|
|13w24b||The texture of the small fireball has been reverted from to .|
|1.11||16w32a||The small fireball's entity ID has been changed from |
|1.14||18w43a||The texture of the small fireball has been changed.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|v0.12.1||build 1||Added small fireballs.|
|1.1.0||alpha 188.8.131.52||The entity ID for the fireball has been changed from |
|1.10.0||beta 184.108.40.206||The texture of the small fireball has been changed.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU7||CU1||1.00||Patch 1||1.0.1||Added small fireballs|
|1.90||The texture of the small fireball has been changed.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|0.1.0||Added small fireballs.|
- Small fireballs share the same texture as regular fireballs, visually differing primarily in size.
- When a dispenser with a fire charge is placed with a block directly in front of it, the dispenser shoots through it and lights a fire on the other side.
- A small fireball flies infinitely far until it hits a block or an entity, even if it is outside the player's render distance.
- When shot from a dispenser, the fire charge starts out stationary and accelerates, as though it is falling rather than being launched. Fireballs shot by blazes, however, maintain the same speed all the way to the target.