Sleeping (or Sleep Mode) is a game mechanic that can be activated by players under certain circumstances.
Sleeping is only possible by meeting the following criteria:
- It must be either nighttime or during a thunderstorm in the daytime.
- The bed can only be in the overworld.
- There must be no hostile mobs nearby.
- All players within the Minecraft world must also be lying in a bed, if in a multiplayer situation, in order to skip to daytime.
- There are data packs that require only one player to sleep in a bed in order for the server to skip to the day.
- Only one player can sleep in each bed at a time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.