|Catches fire from lava||
- Times are for unenchanted tools as wielded by players with no status effects, measured in seconds. For more information, see Breaking § Speed.
Sculk are generated in patch formations within the deep dark biome.
|Sound||Subtitles||Source||Description||Resource location||Translation key||Volume||Pitch||Attenuation|
|Block broken||Blocks||Once the block has broken||1.0||1.0||16|
|Sculk bubbles||Blocks||Sculk charges||1.0||1.0||16|
|None[sound 1]||Blocks||Falling on the block with fall damage||None[sound 1]||1.0||1.0||16|
|Block breaking||Blocks||While the block is in the process of being broken||1.0||1.0||16|
|Block placed||Blocks||When the block is placed||1.0||1.0||16|
|Sculk spreads||Blocks||When the sculk spreads||1.0||0.9||16|
|Footsteps||Blocks||Walking on the block||1.0||1.0||16|
|Blocks||Once the block has broken||1.0||0.8|
|Blocks||Falling on the block with fall damage||0.4||1.0|
|Blocks||While the block is in the process of being broken||0.35||0.5|
|Blocks||Jumping from the block||0.12||1.0|
|Blocks||Falling on the block without fall damage||0.14||1.0|
|Blocks||Walking on the block||0.17||1.0|
|Blocks||When the block is placed||1.0||0.8|
|Sculk||Block & Item|
|Name||Identifier||Numeric ID||Form||Item ID[i 1]||Translation key|
|Sculk||Block & Giveable Item[i 2]||Identical[i 3]|
- ID of block's direct item form, which is used in savegame files and addons.
- Available with
- The block's direct item form has the same id with the block.
|October 3, 2020||Sculk blocks are shown at Minecraft Live 2020.|
|November 13, 2020||In a tweet, Brandon Pearce revealed that sculk had gotten a new texture.|
|April 26, 2021||Kingbdogz stated in another tweet that sculk features aren't coming in 1.17.|
|October 16, 2021||Sculk blocks are shown again at Minecraft Live 2021.|
|Sculk features were delayed to 1.19.|
|1.19||Deep Dark Experimental Snapshot 1||Added sculk.|
|Sculk is now a member of the |
|22w11a||Sculk no longer prevents vibration occlusion from wool being placed on their top side.|
|Sculk is no longer a member of the |
|22w17a||Lowered blast resistance of sculk from 0.6 to 0.2.|
|1.17.30||beta 18.104.22.168||"Sculk" was mentioned in Bedrock Beta documentation.|
|beta 22.214.171.124||The texture of sculk was shown in internal Caves & Cliffs textures.|
|beta 126.96.36.199||Added sculk blocks behind the "Vanilla Experiments" toggle.|
|beta 188.8.131.52||Moved sculk blocks to the "Wild Update" experimental toggle.|
|1.19.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Sculk are now available without enabling experimental gameplay.|
Images are sorted by their approximate creation date.
An early trypophobia version of the Sculk.
A version of Sculk that went with the stalker iteration of the warden.
- "Sculk" is derived from the word "skulk," meaning "keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive".
- "When we went the typophobia route for the Warden, this is what Sculk was going to look like at one point Keep in mind these were textures I made myself, so the art team hadn't touched these yet!" – @kingbdogz on Twitter, January 22, 2022
- "A version of sculk blocks with similar textures to soul sand" – @kingbdogz on Twitter, January 22, 2022
- "That Sculk with a version of the Stalker" – @kingbdogz on Twitter, January 22, 2022
- "While not related, Sculk name was inspired by Jeb's process with naming the Shulkers - he liked the word "Lurker", but changed it around a bit to feel new. Sculk is one letter changed in Skulk, meaning 'keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive'" – @kingbdogz on Twitter, October 13, 2020