| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help by
Saddles can be found in dungeons, shipwrecks, underwater ruins, Nether fortresses, End cities, jungle temples, desert temples, minecart with chests in abandoned mineshafts, or can be bought via trading with villagers, in exchange for emeralds. They can also be caught as a treasure from fishing. Ravagers have a chance of dropping them when they die. They cannot be crafted.
- As of update 1.4.2, the pig can be controlled by a carrot on a stick. Before version 1.4.2, a saddle could not be removed from a pig, and it would be permanently lost if the pig despawned or died.
- The advancement "When Pigs Fly" is achieved when a player rides a pig while it falls at least five blocks.
- Chicken Jockeys, Skeleton Trap Horses, and Spider Jockeys do not need a saddle for the rider to control it.
- The only way to remove a saddle from a pig is to kill it.
- At first, players needed a Horse Saddle to mount a horse.
- Nether Fortress chests have the highest chance of having a saddle. Dungeons have the second-highest chance, and desert temples have the third-highest.
- As of 1.14 - Village and Pillage, Ravagers drop saddles when slain.
- Saddles can't be placed on skeleton horses, zombie horses, or Llamas.
- If a player tries to ride an untamed horse while holding a saddle, the horse will not let the player ride it and will stand using their hind legs. The same thing goes with Horse Armor if held.