|Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help the Minecraft Wiki bythis article.
Ruined portals generate with a chest that can contain obsidian that can be used to fix the portal, various golden items (such as gold blocks, enchanted gold tools, weapons, armor, and even gold-related foods, such as glistering melons), along with other things. Sometimes the chests are buried underground, especially in cases where Ruined Portals spawn in deserts. It is possible to find crying obsidian in Ruined Portals which can be used to craft respawn anchors. A player can fix the ruined portal to create a fuctioning Nether portal. Sometimes lava can be found buried under terrain blocks or exposed in close vicinity to the portal. The area surrounding the portal also generates fairly large amounts of netherrack, stone bricks and its slab and stair variants, gold blocks, iron bars, etc.
Generated blocks (Overworld Ruined Portals)
These blocks make up Ruined Portals in the Overworld:
- Netherrack (around the portal)
- Chest (contains loot)
- Obsidian (generates in portal frame)
- Crying obsidian (only structure that generates it- 15% chance to replace obsidian in portal frame)
- Gold block (as decorations- usually on top of the portal frame)
- Stone (lines portal frame)
- Stone slabs
- Stone stairs
- Stone bricks
- Stone brick slabs
- Stone brick stairs
- Cracked stone bricks
- Cracked stone brick slabs
- Cracked stone brick stairs
- Mossy stone bricks
- Mossy stone brick slabs
- Mossy stone brick stairs
- Chiseled stone bricks
- Iron bars
- Magma block
- Lava (does not generate if portal is underwater.)
Generated blocks (Nether Ruined Portals)
Ruined Portals in the Overworld and The Nether are made up of the same blocks, except that the Stone-related items are replaced with Blackstone-related items.