his/her health bar. Regeneration occurs naturally when a player's Hunger bar is full, but this status effect allows it to occur even if a player is partially hungry.
Like all status effects, it can be removed by drinking Milk.
The amount of health healed over time is shown in the table below.
|Level||Ticks per||per second|
Sources of Regeneration
- Golden Apples will grant a player Regeneration II for five seconds.
- Enchanted Golden Apples will grant a player Regeneration II for 20 seconds. (Java Edition only)
- Enchanted Golden Apples will grant a player Regeneration V for 30 seconds. (Bedrock Edition only)
- A Potion of Regeneration will heal a player for longer, and more rapidly the higher level the potion is.
- Arrow of Regeneration functions the same as the potion except that it is shot at (and affects) the target.
- A bowl of Suspicious Stew crafted with an Oxeye Daisy will grant a player regeneration for 6 seconds (8 seconds in Bedrock Edition).