| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help by
Raw Chicken is a food item dropped by Chickens when killed. It has about a 30% chance to add the hunger effect (also called food poisoning) to a player when eaten. To avoid this, it must be cooked in a Furnace and turned into Cooked Chicken.
- If a chicken is killed by fire (including from enchanted weapons), the chicken will drop cooked chicken instead of raw chicken.
- Raw chicken, Pufferfish, and Rotten Flesh are the only foods that can cause food poisoning when eaten.
- If afflicted with food poisoning, drinking Milk will remove the effect.
- Raw chicken wouldn't cause food poisoning when eaten in the Minecraft: Pocket Edition before 0.12.1, as there was no food poisoning before that update.
- The food poisoning in raw chicken maybe based on the fact that statistically two out of three raw chicken could be contaminated with food born bacteria, usually Salmonella and Campylobacter.(https://www.cdc.gov/features/salmonellachicken/index.html)