| This article contains content about features that are outdated, or have been removed from the game.|
These features may only exist in older versions of Minecraft, or were possibly never even implemented.
Rana was a mob who resembled a little girl with a frog hat. She was originally in-game as a test in Indev. Rana was created by Dock for a project of his own years ago. When he joined the Minecraft development team, he recreated her in a new style for the game, along with similar-styled NPCs called Steve, Black Steve and Beast Boy. All four of them were pulled from Minecraft at the same time when Dock left the project.
- Rana means "frog" in Latin, Spanish, and Italian.
- Rana was the first human mob to use human pain sounds when taking damage.
- Although she is female, the pain sound is a male.
- Rana, like the other mobs created by Dock, moved without any animation.
- Rana bears a striking resemblance to Jenny Sanderson from the GameCube game Chibi-Robo!.
- Rana used to be a player model in Minecraft Indev 0.31.
- She looks like Ribbita from the Mega Man Battle Network series.
- She used to drop apples and roses after being killed, but sometimes she would drop nothing at death.