Pumpkins are blocks that appear on grass in a similar manner to mushrooms, but they do not spread. They are found most commonly in extreme hills biomes and plains biome, but can also appear in sand and Snow-covered areas, though rarely. They can appear in swamp biomes as of update 1.8. They are usually found in groups but can sometimes be found as one single pumpkin. Natural pumpkins are rarer than diamond ore, most commonly found in mountain and hill biomes. They also can be found in block form in woodland mansions.
As of 1.13, the pumpkin with the face is known as carved pumpkin, and the pumpkin with no face is now called pumpkin, and cannot be equipped as armor.
|Snow Golem||Iron Golem|
|None||Snow Block||None||Iron Block||Iron Block||Iron Block|
|None||Snow Block||None||None||Iron Block||None|
|Pumpkin Seeds x4|
- Harvested pumpkins can be equipped as a helmet without any actual armor value. It is unique in that it limits a player's view of the world as if it were seen from inside the pumpkin. The pumpkin helmet can be removed and placed into a player's inventory. Although it has no armor value, it can be a serious help during nighttime expeditions: when worn as a helmet, a player may look directly at Endermen with no worry as to whether the enderman will attack a player.
- Pumpkins can be used to make jack o' lanterns, a decorative item that lights an area up and can be placed underwater.
- As of the aquatic update, pumpkins must be sheared (defaults to right-click) in order to turn them into their carved state. This will yield 1 pumpkin seed.
The pumpkin has 5 different data values:
0: Facing south
1: Facing west
2: Facing north
3: Facing east
- The pumpkins already have faces carved into them when they grow before the 1.13 update.
- When making golems, a dispenser can place the carved pumpkin and create the golem as a result.
- When worn in the Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, it has no real use other than aesthetic purposes.
- Pumpkins cannot be placed when there is an air block below it.
- When a pumpkin is pushed from a piston from below, it will break and a player can collect it.
- Pumpkins cannot be pulled back by sticky pistons.
- When a player wears a pumpkin in the End, the Endermen will not bother them. However, the disadvantage is that it limits a player's field of vision, which can increase the danger of the Ender Dragon successfully attacking them.
- Faceless pumpkins used to be an unused block in 1.7 and were later removed then reused in 1.13
- Pumpkins will always be cut towards the west side of the world.