When eaten, the pufferfish replenishes half a Hunger point. However, it will give a player Nausea and Hunger III for 15 seconds, as well as Poison IV for 1 full minute. As consuming pufferfish evidently brings more harm than good, it is not an optimal source of Food.
- The pufferfish is the only type of fish that can not be used to tame Ocelots.
- The poisonous effect inflicted by eating the pufferfish is based on the fact that real pufferfish contain the deadly neurotoxin ,Tetrodotoxin (http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/818763-overview%7CTetrodotoxin), in their bodies. Unlike its real-life counterpart, the pufferfish cannot currently be cooked to nullify its poisonous side effects.
- The pufferfish is the only item in the game that a player can use to obtain the nausea effect.
- In 1.13, pufferfish will be seen in the water.
- In 1.13, when a pufferfish blows up and a player touches it, they will get the poison effect.
- Fisherman Villagers will buy a pufferfish for an Emerald.
- The original texture of the pufferfish did not have spines on its skin.