| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help by
Podzol is a block that was added in the Minecraft 1.7 update and 0.9.0 for the Pocket Edition. It has a similar look to standard grass, but the top texture is covered with dead leaves. It doesn't spread. If it is mined without a Silk Touch tool, it will turn into regular dirt. This unique block is one of two blocks, the other being mycelium, that allows a player to place and cultivate mushrooms at any light level. It can be found in the Bamboo Jungle biome or the Mega Taiga biome.
- Podzol does not spread to adjacent blocks like grass.
- Podzol is found in the Giant Tree Taiga Biome and Bamboo Forest Biome.
- Podzol must be mined with Silk Touch to be harvested.
- Dead Bushes can be placed on podzol, but not on grass or normal dirt.
- Before the 1.14 update podzol could only be found in the mega taiga biome.
- Unlike Mycelium and grass it makes the dirt sound when broken or walked on or placed.
- Wandering Traders will sell podzol in exchange for Emeralds.