Pocket Edition v0.3.3 alpha
August 9, 2012
v0.3.3 alpha was a minor update to Minecraft: Pocket Edition that was released on August 9, 2012. It added notable features such as new mobs (spiders and skeletons), new items, as well as other changes and fixes.
- Currently does not spawn naturally.
- Hostile mobs that silently approach the player and explode.
- Drop 0–2 gunpowder when they die.
- Can now be crafted into bone meal.
- Can now be used to grow flowers and roses on grass blocks.
- Can now be used on saplings to make them instantly grow into their respective tree type.
- Can now be used to craft bows.
- Can now be used to craft arrows.
- Wooden tools
- Durability has been increased from 11 uses to 60 uses.
- Now drop 0–2 feathers when they die.
- Decay time extended to 5 minutes.
- Increased overall brightness.
- A bone breaking sound is played after falling from large enough heights.
- The minimum number of inventory slots has been increased to 6 for all devices.
- Hitting mobs now counts as 1 use for swords and 2 uses for axes, pickaxes, and shovels.
19 bugs fixed
- Removed fire, fixing a bug where fire would spread throughout an entire world after a single flammable block had been set aflame by lava.
- Fire was replaced by .name<, to stop fire from spreading. It is only obtainable through inventory editing.
- The furnace, block of iron, lapis lazuli block, block of gold, and block of diamond crafting recipes have been corrected.
- Fixed furnace crash bug.
- Sapling/leaves fixes.
- Crafting doors now requires a crafting table.
- Torches can now be placed on fences.
- Dandelion yellow dye no longer appears as an egg in MATTIS or the hotbar.
- A bug where cactus and door placed next to each other would remove the bottom door block (and top one if a 2 level cactus).
- Attempting to mine invisible bedrock no longer produces breaking particles.
- Stairs now block light.
- Some sounds that are missing can now be heard: cow hurt sound, the sound when you break glass/ice.
- A bug where fence gate would not appear in the user’s hand but in the world.
- If the player stands on a slab and creates another one, the player falls through both slabs.
- Swords (and other tools) now take damage from attacking mobs.
- Golden tools are no longer more resistant than wooden tools.
- The rear end texture is upside down on some animals.
- The D-pad on iPad no longer/rarely intersects with the item slots.
- Sugar cane can no longer be placed in water.
- Blocks placed on snow are no longer duplicated in multiplayer.
The internal version is 0.3.3(3035), and has a size of 4.71 MB.
v0.3.3j alpha was released on Google Play on an unknown release date. The internal version is 0.3.3(3030), and has a size of 2.06 MB.