Android – November 17, 2016
- Tweaked the Elder Guardian debuff attack visuals.
- Fixed the black tearing effect along the waterline when a submerged player tilts. (VR only)
- Various minor fixes to mobs whose attributes weren't consistent with previous versions.
- Tweaked creeper explosion/detonation, so they no longer blow up 5 or more blocks away from the player & are now consistent with other versions.
- Various tweaks to skins to prevent them from clipping through armor.
- 57 issues fixed
- From released versions before 0.16.0
- MCPE-10474 – Wither skeleton shoots arrows like a skeleton instead of using a sword
- MCPE-10845 – Dead wolves, slimes, and magma cubes come to life when relogging
- MCPE-12563 – Cauldron filled only 1/3 full cannot fill an empty water bottle
- MCPE-13435 – Trap doors lighting bug
- MCPE-14943 – Normal Zombie Didn't Attack Villager
- MCPE-15498 – The home screen doesn't instantly show correct skin/name after changing them
- MCPE-16138 – Minecraft always crashes if NVidia 3DVision is active.
- MCPE-16345 – Xbox Live joining issue
- MCPE-17455 – Keyboard Bug on Minecraft Windows 10
- MCPE-17483 – Worlds can show to be able to hold up to 25 Players sorta...
- From 0.16.0 development versions
- MCPE-16822 – Guardian's eye doesn't follow the player, and they glitch out
- MCPE-17059 – The Wither uses spawn sound when dying
- MCPE-17194 – Leaves Have Incorrect Name
- MCPE-17210 – the creeper are even exploding without him seeing you, and behind the blocks
- MCPE-17416 – Fishing bobbers are not cast in the direction you're facing
- MCPE-17444 – Iron golem and snowman
- From 0.16.0
- MCPE-17590 – You cant feed a horse or heal
- From 0.16.1
- You can again open your inventory while using touch while riding a tamed horse/donkey/mule.
- You can again open your inventory while riding a pig/minecart/boat.
- Fixed a crash when a piston moved a cauldron.
- Fixed import/export for worlds with non-UTF-8 characters in the path.
- Horses can be dismounted while sneaking again.
- Clients can now see the camera shake from damage.
- Guardians again spawn inside Ocean Monuments.
- Fishing rods no longer only fire in one direction.
- Add-ons no longer appear twice when editing a world that already has that Add-on applied.
- Depended upon resource packs are now saved in the world_resource_packs.json file.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a player used the /summon command.
- Minecarts with TNT can be detonated by appropriate detonators other than just flint & steel.
- Hurt sounds are again played when hurt events occur.
- Food items used when feeding ocelots for breeding.
- Clouds no longer flicker when fog updates.
- Sun, moon & stars draw in front of terrain in immersive VR. (VR only).
- The behavior of activator rails is no longer reversed.
- A creeper's fuse time no longer resets every time flint & steel is used on it.
- Arrows are no longer flipping directions visually when shot from a bow. A similar issue with fishing rods should also be fixed.
- Fixed a crash when you respawn.
- Game no longer fails to launch when there is an active global texture pack.
- Commands beginning with '"w"' now appear in the auto-complete list when you type '"w"'
- You can now rename a Wither with a nametag (and it no longer crashes your game).
- The Wither's health bar no longer disappears when your game unloads and then reloads a chunk where a Wither is.
- Enchanted bows again have their extra bonuses.
- Fixed a crash on Windows Phone. (Windows Phone only)
- Hopper minecarts in older saved game files should work again.
- Fixed a crash with item frames & compasses/clocks.
- Fixed texture changes on cats, zombie villagers, villagers when loading a world created before 0.16.
- Fixed a crash from invalid pack_manifest.json files in an Add-on folder.
- Fixed a crash when players closed settings in a game with resource packs active.
- Fixed a crash when you attempt to select a custom skin.
- ""Saddle up"" achievement should work again.
- Mob spawners should no longer be spawning mobs in properly lit areas.
- Wolves should again attack rabbits, skeletons & sheep more frequently.
- You can again open a crafting table multiple times on mobile (MCPE only).
- Horses no longer lose their equipment when importing a 0.15.9 world.
- Fixed a crash caused by fire arrows.
- This was the last update in the Alpha stage of Pocket Edition development.
- This was the last update for Windows Phone 8 devices. Updates for Windows Mobile resumed on February 22, 2017, with the release of 1.0.3 for Windows 10 Mobile.
- "Go googly-eyed! Cartoon textures on Pocket / Win 10!" - Mojang, November 22, 2016
- "MCPE/WIN 10/Gear VR - 0.16.2" .
- "Upgrade for Windows Phone players!" – Minecraft.net, February 22, 2017