December 20, 2014
1.12 was a version of PlayStation Vita Edition released on December 20, 2014. This version was released in Europe on December 20, 2014, while in North America the release was delayed until January 6, 2015. It is equivalent to Java Edition 1.6.4. 
- Hardened clay, stained clay, block of coal, hay bale, activator rail, block of redstone, daylight sensor, dropper, hopper, minecart with hopper, minecart with TNT, redstone comparator, weighted pressure plate, beacon, trapped chest, multiple snow heights
- Firework rocket, firework star, nether star, lead, horse armor, name tag
- Horse, donkey and mule spawn eggs
- Version exclusive: All use the horse spawn egg texture.
- Adventure mode
- Added many new sounds
- Mob naming
- Interfaces for beacons, horses, hoppers and fireworks
- New death messages
- Daylight Cycle, Keep Inventory, Tile drop, Regeneration option
Blocks and items
- Wood placement now depends on the surface it is placed on, rather than the direction of the player.
- Redstone repeaters can now be locked.
- Trapdoors can now be placed on upper half of blocks.
- Bonemeal no longer instantly grows crops to full size.
- Dispensers can now face in any direction.
- Snow can be crafted by 3 snow blocks.
- Multiple snow layers can now be placed.
- Golden apples give extra "absorption" health for a short period.
- Updated textures which includes new textures for charcoal and woods.
- Slimes can now spawn in swamps at night.
- Zombies can now pick up items.
- Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
- Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
- Mobs named "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" are now flipped upside down.
- The longer the player remains in an area, the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be
- Pressing use while sneaking now uses the held item instead of the currently selected block
- The panorama was not changed to reflect the new tutorial world, it was fixed in TU20.
- Fixed two duplication glitches where the player could obtain infinite amount of diamonds, emeralds, gold, iron or lapis lazuli.
- "Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition Patch change logs" – Minecraft Forum, December 20, 2014.