December 18, 2015
- Added podzol, granite, polished granite, andesite, polished andesite, diorite, polished diorite, prismarine, dark prismarine, prismarine bricks, red sand, red sandstone, smooth red sandstone, chiseled red sandstone, red sandstone stairs, sea lanterns, wet sponge, slime blocks, coarse dirt, packed ice, acacia saplings, dark oak saplings.
- Added armor stand, raw rabbit, cooked rabbit, rabbit stew, raw mutton, cooked mutton, rabbit's foot, rabbit hide, potion of leaping, potion of water breathing, salmon, cooked salmon, clownfish, pufferfish, blue orchid, allium, azure bluet, tulips, oxeye daisy, sunflower, lilac, poppy (replaces rose), rose bush, peony, double tall grass, large ferns, prismarine crystals, prismarine shard.
- Spawn eggs in creative mode for rabbits, endermites and guardians.
- Endermite, guardian, elder guardian, rabbit, chicken jockey.
- Rabbits have the changes that was ported to Java Edition 1.9.
- Added ocean monuments
- Added Mesa, Mega Taiga, Roofed Forest, Birch Forest, Forest, Savanna, Extreme Hills+, Deep Ocean, Snowless Taiga, and 20 new technical biomes.
- Luck of the Sea, Lure, Depth Strider
- Created a new tutorial world.
- Dispensers can place pumpkins or wither skeleton skulls to spawn iron golems, snow golems and withers, provided the body is built in a valid configuration.
- Anvil repairing has been rebalanced.
- Moss stone, mossy stone bricks and chiseled stone bricks are now obtainable via crafting.
- Cracked stone bricks and sponges are now obtainable via smelting.
- When a furnace runs out of fuel, the smelting progress will rewind at 2× speed.
- Empty furnaces will only accept fuel and empty buckets in the fuel slot.
- Item frames now emit a redstone signal and can rotate in 8 directions.
- Redstone comparators can now detect the rotation of an item in an item frame and output an equivalent power signal.
- Buttons can now be placed on the top and bottom of blocks.
- Powered activator rails now dismount entities riding minecarts.
- Cauldrons with water in them will put out burning entities, taking away one water level each time.
- When harvested with Silk Touch enchantment, huge mushrooms now drop blocks with corresponding mushroom texture (red or brown) on all sides, rather than the one with spores.
- Sponges are now obtainable in survival mode and now soak up contiguous water source blocks out to a taxicab distance of 5 when placed, thereupon turning into a new wet sponge.
- Sugar cane color is affected by the biome color (similar to leaves, grass and vines).
- Monster Spawners can now have the mob they spawn change by placing the corresponding spawn egg
- Added flint and steel and fire charge sound effect when igniting blocks.
- Arrows decelerate much more quickly underwater and extinguish if on fire.
- Updated audio for minecarts.
- Most mobs can now swim.
- Skeletons and rabbits now flee from wolves.
- Creepers, skeletons, wither skeletons and zombies drop their heads when killed by charged creepers.
- Spiders no longer see players through solid blocks.
- Babies' growth can be accelerated by feeding them.
- Baby zombies now drop experience.
- Creepers can now be ignited with flint and steel.
- Adult zombie pigmen will forgive after a short time (and lose the aggro speed boost), but will continue to attack until the player escapes their aggro distance.
- Witches can now drink and drop potions of water breathing.
- Sheep now drop mutton when they die.
- Updated sounds for cows and mooshrooms.
- Villagers have additional professions and trades, will now harvest crops if they are farmers, will only breed when willing and will turn into witches when struck by lightning.
- Melons can now be found in jungle biomes similar to pumpkins.
- Swamp biomes now spawn with blue orchid flowers and the coast is covered in staggered dirt block with lily pads between them.
- Plains biomes now generate with azure bluets, oxeye daises, tulips and double tall grass.
- Extreme hills biomes now have snow at higher elevations, gravel, flat valleys near sea level and are slightly higher.
- Ocean biomes contains only gravel on the floor instead of sand, dirt and gravel.
- Desert temples now spawn with stained clay instead of dyed wool.
- Now has particle effects - bubbles will show up moving towards the bobber just before the player has something on the hook. This has the appearance of a fish swimming towards the hook.
- New items can be caught from fishing
- Now consumes lapis lazuli and has been rebalanced.
- Enchanted books can receive multiple enchants at once.
- New nether portal building rules: any rectangular shape from 4×5 to 23×23.
- If the portal in the nether is big enough, ghasts can travel through.
- Will now be activated by any fire block within the frame.
- – Tall building glitch
- – Cloud sync fails
- – Heart misplace
- – Falling sand bug
- – Jukebox: "Now playing: Music Disc" never disappears
- – Lead animation incorrect when horse is tied to post
- – Inventory and world save were at different points
- – No Minecart Sound
- – Beacon Beam working incorrectly.
- – Hoppers always enabled with redstone deactivation.
- – Faliure to load:' Already Playing Game'
- – Title lags or crashes when creating a superflat world with many layers of degrading grass or mycelium tiles.
- – Doors do not stack correctly (should stack up to 64)
- – Double Piston Extenders Broken
- – Water flickers/change colors at distance with Natural Texture Pack
- – When ending regeneration while health display is bouncing, it stops on a certain frame of the bounce
- – Sign hitbox flicker
- – No sound when walking on grass
- – Horses not spawning
- – Lag when looking in some parts of world
- – Netherack fence connects to wood fence
- – Game mode slider broken
- – Survival bug
- – Bug when switching game mode
- – Switching gamemode in game does not switch completely
- – Worlds do not show Creative menu
- – Switching between game mode causes game to go crazy
- – Wood and nether brick fences connect
- – Iron golems not working
- Java Edition 1.8
- Xbox 360 Edition TU31
- Xbox One Edition CU19
- PlayStation 3 Edition 1.22
- PlayStation Vita Edition 1.22
- Wii U Edition Patch 3
- "Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition Patch change logs" – Minecraft Forum, December 18, 2015.