This page is about planned versions of all editions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence or have received development versions.
Note that only editions with known planned updates are listed here; if no known planned updates exist, the edition is left out.
The combat system is planned to be reworked in a future update[note 1], keeping the cooldown but only allowing the player to attack when fully charged. It is not known yet when those changes will be made, as they are developed in parallel to other features and will make it into the game "when they're good enough". The update in which they are included will also not be a combat-themed update.
1.17.40 is an upcoming minor update to Bedrock Edition with no set release date, which will fix bugs.
1.17 is an upcoming major update to Education Edition set to release in 2021, which will bring the Nether Update and the Caves & Cliffs: Part I features, as well as Flipgrid and Teams integrations. Beta will start between 20-24 September 2021.
- After 1.18
- "A Caves & Cliffs announcement" – Minecraft.net, April 14, 2021
- "Update: Custom Java Edition snapshot to test new combat mechanics (version 2)" – u/jeb_ on Reddit, August 15, 2019
- "Minecraft Beta - 126.96.36.199 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – feedback.minecraft.net, June 23, 2021.
- "Minecraft Beta - 188.8.131.52 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – feedback.minecraft.net, August 4, 2021.
- "Get Ready for the Beta! (Version 1.17)" – Minecraft: Education Edition Support.
|Legacy Console Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|