| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help by
Pillagers are a type of hostile illager equipped with a crossbow. They are found patrolling the wilderness, in village raids, and in Pillager Outposts. They can see and pursue Villagers from 100 blocks away.
Pillagers are armed with crossbows and attack by shooting arrows at nearby Players, Iron Golems, Villagers, and Wandering Traders. They shoot arrows every 3 seconds at 6 blocks away, which can lead to pillagers battling neutral/hostile mobs due to an arrow hitting the wrong target, although pillagers will never attack each other on purpose. If fully submerged underwater, pillagers will use their melee attack. However, they don't attack when they don't have any weapons. They may ride Ravagers during raids. It is worth noting that pillagers move faster during raids.
If raiding pillagers kill all the villagers in a village, the pillagers will celebrate their victory by jumping and laughing.
- Main article: Illagers § Village and Pillage
Pillagers were first announced at MineCon Earth 2018, and added in the 18w43a snapshot for Java Edition 1.14; and 1.9.0 for Bedrock Edition. They were added in patch 1.90 of the PlayStation 4 Edition, though they are a creative mode exclusive.
- They are the first mob to wield the crossbow weapon. They are also the first mob that the crossbow can be obtained from.
- In superflat worlds, pillager groups will spawn at random, more frequent when near villages.
- Pillagers will clearly say "ow" when hit.
- In Bedrock Edition, Pillagers, as well as Vindicators may drop iron (can be enchanted) armor and swords (Not on Vindicators) on death. This does not make them more durable or have an increase of attack though.
- If you use commands to summon a pillager with anything other than a crossbow, the pillager won't attack players,villagers,or iron golems.
- Even though they will not attack their allies intentionaly (friendly-fire),a vindicator will try to attack a pillager if it accidentaly shot an arrow on the said vindicator.