| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help bythe page.
Piglins will be aggressive to players as long as they are not wearing any armor made out of gold. They wield golden swords and crossbows as weapons. If not angered, they will barter with the player for gold. They will also attack wither skeletons. They will also attack hoglins, when hungry.
By right clicking or dropping gold at a piglin, it will give you a random item. This can give you:
- Rotten Flesh
- Soul Sand
- Red/Brown Mushrooms
- Fire Charge
- Raw Porkchop
- Crimson/Warped Fungi
- Nether Brick
- Flint and Steel
- Magma Cream
- Warped Nylium
- Nether Quartz
- Ender Pearls
- Glowstone Dust
- Even if the player wears gold armor, piglins will become aggravated towards the player if they open a chest containing any item crafted with or related to gold near the piglins.
- The death sound for the piglin is currently identical to that of the pig, but this is probably just a placeholder.
- Piglins can also spawn wearing gold armor (Confirmed by Henrick Kniburg).
- They are the second mobs to be able to naturally spawn holding crossbows, the first being the pillager.
- The piglin will be the second mob in the game whose neutral status is affected by what the player wears. The first was the Enderman, which will not become hostile to a player that looks them in they eyes if the player is wearing a carved pumpkin.
- Piglins will not be replacing zombie pigmen, it was confirmed by Mojang.
- A zombified form of the piglin known as the zombified piglin has been confirmed and is being developed, but they will coincide with the zombie pigmen.
- To barter with the piglin, the player must throw gold at them. They will throw an item back at the player.
- According to a Minecraft Java Developer, piglins will barter brand new exclusive materials for gold.
- Piglins currently barter only with gold ingots to give you lots of different items.
- Piglins are scared of anything that’s made out of soul fire, such as soul fire, soul fire torches, and soul fire lanterns.
- If piglins come in contact with the Overworld, they will transform into zombified piglins.
- If a piglin sees a zombified piglin, the piglin will run away.
- If you give a Piglin a piece of gold armor, they will look at it and eventually wear it.
- Baby piglins will spawn naturally just like adult piglins.
- Baby piglins will play with each other.
- Unlike adult piglins, baby piglins are passive to the player but still attack hoglins, wither skeletons, etc.