Netherite is a rare material from the Nether, used primarily to upgrade diamond gear. Netherite items are more powerful and durable than diamond, can float in lava, and cannot burn. All of the blocks are also unbreakable with explosion values of even 7/8, the highest in the game, however, like any other item, they are vulnerable to cacti, which will destroy them immediately. Like obsidian, it can still be broken by blue wither skulls. It will always drop the item.
Blocks and items
Many blocks and items make netherite, are made with netherite, or are directly stated to be netherite. They are:
- Ancient Debris − a rare blast-resistant block found in the Nether that can be smelted into Netherite Scraps. Ancient debris are most frequently found at y-level 15. Like most netherite-related items, a diamond or netherite pickaxe is needed to mine it.
- Netherite Scrap − an item obtained by smelting ancient debris in a furnace or blast furnace with fuel. Netherite Scraps can also be found as loot inside a Bastion Remnant.
- Netherite Ingot − an item created by combining 4 netherite scraps and 4 gold ingots, used for crafting and smithing.
- Block of Netherite − a block used for decoration, beacon bases, and compact netherite ingot storage. It is blast resistant and can be moved with pistons.
- Swaggiest stairs ever – a joke version of stairs for the netherite block, available only in snapshot 20w14∞.
Tools, weapons, and armor
Netherite tools, weapons, and armor are made by upgrading their diamond counterparts using a smithing table. These keep their custom names and enchantments. The netherite items also have more durability than their diamond counterparts. The tools have a durability of 2032, 30% more than diamond (1562). These are:
- Netherite Sword
- Netherite Pickaxe
- Netherite Axe
- Netherite Shovel
- Netherite Hoe
- Netherite Helmet
- Netherite Chestplate
- Netherite Leggings
- Netherite Boots
|1.16||20w06a||Added Netherite tools, armor, blocks, ingots, etc.|
|20w07a||Netherite hoes can be obtained through bartering.|
|20w10a||Netherite armor and tools are now created through a smithing table.|
|20w16a||Ancient debris and Netherite Ingots generate in the new bastion remnant chests.|
|20w20a||Netherite hoes can no longer be obtained through bartering.|
|1.16.0||beta 126.96.36.199||Added Netherite tools, armor, blocks, ingots, etc.|
|beta 188.8.131.52||Netherite ingots can now be used to power beacons.|
|Netherite ingots can now be used to craft lodestones.|
|Netherite ingots can now be found in bastion remnant chests.|
|1.16.100||beta 184.108.40.206||Netherite hoes can no longer be obtained through bartering.|
- Although lodestones are made with netherite ingots, it does not possess any qualites of netherite.
- With the exception of nether stars, they are the only items that can withstand fire and lava.
- MC-176618 resolved as "Works as Intended"