Netherite is a rare material from the Nether, used primarily to upgrade diamond gear. Netherite items are more powerful and durable than diamond, can float in lava, and cannot burn. All of the blocks are also unbreakable with explosion values of even 7/8, the highest in the game, however, like any other item, they are vulnerable to cacti, which will destroy them immediately. Like obsidian, it can still be broken by blue wither skulls. It will always drop the item.
Blocks and items
Many blocks and items make netherite, are made with netherite, or are directly stated to be netherite. They are:
- Ancient Debris − a rare blast-resistant block found in the Nether that can be smelted into Netherite Scraps. Ancient debris are most frequently found at y-level 15-21. Like most netherite-related items, a diamond or netherite pickaxe is needed for the item to drop.
- Netherite Scrap − an item obtained by smelting ancient debris in a furnace or blast furnace with fuel. Netherite Scraps can also be found as loot inside a Bastion Remnant − Ancient Debris, Netherite Scrap or Netherite Ingots can be found in this structure.
- Netherite Ingot − an item created by combining 4 netherite scraps and 4 gold ingots, used for crafting and smithing.
- Block of Netherite − a block used for decoration, beacon bases, and compact netherite ingot storage. It is blast resistant and can be moved with pistons.
Blocks that appeared only in joke versions containing netherite textures, but not necessarily made of netherite. They are:
- Swaggiest stairs ever – an April Fool's joke version of stairs for the netherite block, available only in snapshot 20w14∞.
- Netherite Sword
- Netherite Pickaxe
- Netherite Axe
- Netherite Shovel
- Netherite Hoe
- Netherite Helmet
- Netherite Chestplate
- Netherite Leggings
- Netherite Boots
The netherite armor material and tier consists of the netherite helmet, chestplate, leggings, and boots. The tier also consists of the netherite sword, axe, pickaxe, shovel, and hoe. Additional damage is done as well as mining speed increased by these latter, as like diamond and each previous itteration.
|1.16||20w06a||Added Netherite tools, armor, blocks, ingots, etc.|
|20w07a||Netherite hoes can be obtained through bartering.|
|20w10a||Netherite gear are now created through a smithing table.|
|20w16a||Ancient debris and Netherite Ingots generate in the new bastion remnant chests.|
|20w20a||Netherite hoes can no longer be obtained through bartering.|
|1.16.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Added Netherite tools, armor, blocks, ingots, etc.|
|beta 220.127.116.11||Netherite ingots can now be used to power beacons.|
|Netherite ingots can now be used to craft lodestones.|
|Netherite ingots can now be found in bastion remnant chests.|
|1.16.100||beta 18.104.22.168||Netherite hoes can no longer be obtained through bartering.|
- Although lodestones are made with netherite ingots, they do not possess any qualities of netherite.
- MC-176618 resolved as "Works as Intended"